Under load Voltage drop question. help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
On any decent mod/atty setup you shouldn't get more than .3v drop with a 1ohm coil. On a good set up you should have less than .2V drop. Now the Hcigar Nemesis is a great mod....I have never measured its voltage drop but it hits very hard and is very comparable to high end mods. DO you have any other atomizer which you can test the voltage drop? Yours is definitely very excessive. If I had to bet it is your atty causing the excessive voltage drop.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Another strange thing I noticed... I removed my coil to check Voltage with out it and it was 4.15V BUT... it have voltage of 1.4V after firing and decreasing by 0.01V every second without firing ... WTH ? it happens each time after i fire it with out coil.
Do both batteries do this? Do you really mean 1.4 volts? Does your button get warm when you fire it?

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Do both batteries do this? Do you really mean 1.4 volts? Does your button get warm when you fire it?

Nah, just tried one battery... battery wasn't even hot
After a good clean of my AGA-T3 it doesn't show any voltage without firing it.
Haven't try to build a new coil on it yet... will let you know after
Looks like this atty playing games with me :D

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
On any decent mod/atty setup you shouldn't get more than .3v drop with a 1ohm coil. On a good set up you should have less than .2V drop. Now the Hcigar Nemesis is a great mod....I have never measured its voltage drop but it hits very hard and is very comparable to high end mods. DO you have any other atomizer which you can test the voltage drop? Yours is definitely very excessive. If I had to bet it is your atty causing the excessive voltage drop.

Yep! an Igo-W4 dual coil at 1.0 Ohm ... rebuild it yesterday to one ohm jut to check.
Fresh battery 4.2V
No load 4.19V
Under load with this Igo-W4 3.82V

So I guess its not Nemmy problem at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread