Undocumented Benefits of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Things we don’t do anymore:

..Not having to wonder “Did I leave a .... burning somewhere?” just before leaving the house or going to bed.

..The mad interstate Head-Swivel-Mirror check for that .... you ‘think’ just may have NOT gone out the window and is now sitting somewhere burning a hole in your carpet or seat. (closely followed by the mad swerve across 6 lanes of traffic to find someplace to stop to find that darn thing.)

..The ‘innocent’ toe rub grinding a fallen ash into the carpet. (come on, we’ve all done it)

..The “That?, oh, that’s just a little extra pepper” line to explain the ashes’ in the eggs or gravy or whatever. (yes, I used to cook with a .... going)

..Looking at an overflowing ashtray and thinking to yourself, “Dang, that’s a lot of butts. I ought to do something about that. Did I really smoke all those?”. So, you get up and empty the ashtray and start over.

..While cooking, you keep adding extra salt and spices trying to get it to taste ‘right’. Only to discover upon serving it, that everyone else is choking on your excess flavor selections.

..Not having to lie when your SO asks “How do you like my new perfume/aftershave”

..Not having to pick-up butts out of your yard.

I’m sure there are others…..

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
I don't have to run to town because I'm almost out of cigarettes.

No more buying a tin of mints so I can kid myself into thinking they'll hide the smoke smell.

No more sitting in a motel bathroom with the shower as steamy as I can get it and then spraying it all over with hairspray to try to camouflage the fact that I was smoking in there.

The best though, is that my kids aren't nagging me to quit smoking anymore, so I don't feel guilty!

CRK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Apex, NC
Things we don’t do anymore:

..The mad interstate Head-Swivel-Mirror check for that .... you ‘think’ just may have NOT gone out the window and is now sitting somewhere burning a hole in your carpet or seat. (closely followed by the mad swerve across 6 lanes of traffic to find someplace to stop to find that darn thing.)

..Looking at an overflowing ashtray and thinking to yourself, “Dang, that’s a lot of butts. I ought to do something about that. Did I really smoke all those?”. So, you get up and empty the ashtray and start over.

..Not having to pick-up butts out of your yard.

I’m sure there are others…..

Those are real big ones for me!

..............PLUS...........

...No more burn holes in my shirts and pants

...No more matches and lighters out were the kido's might find them and set the place on fire

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I must say that I truly miss the old..HOLY CRAP!! IS THAT .... ON THE BACK SEAT?!?! when driving on the highway..although, when first starting, I DID throw a PV out the window while driving!

I also miss the 'eye tokes'..nothing in vapor that makes me grab my eyeball and try NOT to scream like a girl..

I miss going outside for a cigarette. Especially in the winter time. I hate having my tank of gas at the same level it was when I drove into the driveway because I didn't have to sit out there in the cold and run my car to keep warm while I was smoking in there.

I miss taking time out of my daughters life to step out and have a cigarette.

I miss getting out of the car and THEN realizing that some ash hit my black pants and then trying to wipe it off and ending up with what looked like a 'shot spot' on there until I could get to some water.

AND, I miss smoking in the rain, desperately trying to keep it dry and then realizing that that ever important drip landed right on the body of it when I went to flick off the ashes and broke it in two.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
No more walking into a job interview nervous enough without having to worry about smelling like cigarettes.

No more loss of cashflow buying box after box of kleenex because of endless sinunitis.

No more thinking you need glasses when you can't see out of your car windshield because it is so clouded with tar and nicotine.

rita351

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2010
Florida
Yup..and that's NOT always a good thing either...:shock:
Lol at the sense of smell. I always smoked on my patio not wanting my apartment to stink. Last week my sister who is a smoker was here so I vaped with her on the patio and my daughter was sitting there with us. After a few minutes I start to smell this terrible odor and say "What is that smell?" My daghter says "it always smells like that in the afternoon mom, the neighbor's dogs do their business right there every afternoon, the smell lasts till evening." I never noticed it before. I put a complaint in to managemnt since dogs do have an area to be walked in.

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Rofl , I recognize every one of those! So , added benefits,
my nails no longer crack and peel, my exzema is almost gone!!
my skin looks 10 yrs younger:) my deoderant is not working overtime,
people in the doctors , dentists etc no longer ask if I smoke or lecture me LOL
I love the looks I get after putting my ecig in my pocket after "smoking " it ( gotta start taking the camera for that one ) LOL

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
No more struggling to light a cigarette in a strong wind.

And on a similar note, no more going to a bonfire, getting drunk, trying to light a cigarette with a match while ignoring the fact that I still had the matchbook in the hand that I was using to shield the cigarette from the wind, and having the lit match catch the other matches in the matchbook, and have the whole matchbook go up in flames within fractions of a second and burn the living crap out of my hand.

Yeah, no more of that.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I can't believe no one mentioned these:

-Having to make sure you had enough pockets to carry 2 packs to the bar so you have enough smokes for a night

-Having to bum cigs to all the "I only smoke when I drink" crowd and realizing they didn't even smoke the whole thing

-Waking up after a night of drinking and feeling like the cat pooped in your mouth!

tacotrucker

May 20, 2010
CA
when driving on the highway..although, when first starting, I DID throw a PV out the window while driving!

I also miss the 'eye tokes'..nothing in vapor that makes me grab my eyeball and try NOT to scream like a girl..

Did you go back to get it off the road?? And LOL at the eye tokes. Man, those hurt!

You've all covered pretty much everything. I stopped smoking indoors last year, and now it's really nice to sit at my laptop and vape. I've even been told that the scent from the vaping is pleasant. I loaned an e-cig and some raspberry juice to my brother and the whole house smelled like berries! So much better than that old nasty stale cigarette smell.

tacotrucker

May 20, 2010
CA
I can't believe no one mentioned these:

-Having to bum cigs to all the "I only smoke when I drink" crowd and realizing they didn't even smoke the whole thing

Just wanted to add - I stopped giving away cigarettes a long time ago! When I was paying $2 a pack, sure. $5 a pack? No way. When somebody asks me if I an "extra" smoke, I tell them my pack didn't come with any extras but they're welcome to BUY a cigarette from me. :)

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Rofl , I recognize every one of those! So , added benefits,
my nails no longer crack and peel, my exzema is almost gone!!
my skin looks 10 yrs younger:) my deoderant is not working overtime,
people in the doctors , dentists etc no longer ask if I smoke or lecture me LOL
I love the looks I get after putting my ecig in my pocket after "smoking " it ( gotta start taking the camera for that one ) LOL

Me too! my nails were peeling and bent over, couldn't figure out why.:laugh:

.. Getting nervous when your down to only 2 cartons of ciggs. - wait, doesn't apply, now I worry if I only have 5 30ml bottles of juice.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread