Undocumented Benefits of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
Same here! I've lost about 5 pounds in the last week, because I've stopped eating junk food during the day and after dinner! I basically eat 3 meals (mostly fruit/vegetable stuff) and I smoke e-cigs in between. Wait till my banana cream pie liquid arrives, I'll be thin as a toothpick in no time!

Things I can now do is, I smoke at my desk at work, but when other workers go outside for a smoke break, I go with them, too! I actually can get away with smoking all day long. Hope my boss doesn't realize that I don't need to take smoke breaks...

I've been a long-distance runner for a few years, and for awhile I used to smoke right after running a race. It always made people do a double-take - why would a runner smoke? Many runners do, it's just that I lit up right after crossing the finish line! Now, I keep my e-cigs in my gym bag. While running on the treadmill, I sometimes smell cigarettes oozing out of the pores of someone running beside me. I take the opportunity to bust out the e-cig and take some big puffs (when the gym employees aren't looking, of course) to catch the smoker's attention. A short conversation later and they're on their smartphones shopping for an e-cig on the internet!

Something I heard in a youtube video about e-cig health concerns is that inhaling PG may even help prevent catching the flu, including the dreaded H1N1 virus. Smoking e-cigs to help prevent getting sick. Wow! I actually ordered my blu kit right after hearing that. We may still get sick, but the thought that e-cigs might be a good preventative measure can't hurt.

For me, the first benefit of e-cigs that I noticed, and it's still the most significant benefit for me, is that I can whip out the e-cig, take 1 drag, and put it away! No need to smoke the whole thing, and it's easier than getting a cup of coffee, or getting a beer or some wine. The easiest vice I have ever come across! I've personally stopped drinking alcohol, coffee and sodas. I basically drink just water now.

It's so easy for me to focus on eating and drinking healthy now. I just take a puff on my e-cig and I have no cravings for anything at all.

I'm sure there's more benefits for myself that I haven't thought of right now, but I can't think of any at the moment :)

There are 3 smokers in my house and we only smoke in 1 room...since we started vaping we realized that it is the orange room because the whole house is white except that room...as a quit smoking present it will be the white room once again! Oh and the "thinking you need glasses because it's blurry through the windshield" CLASSIC! I actually went to get my eyes checked because all the lights had "halos" around them at night...nope just needed to get that layer of filth off of my windshield!

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
...and the cherry pops off between your fingers, then falls onto your lap, burning you in multiple places as you frantically try to brush it away.

Oooh! That brings back memories. I've dropped a cigarette while driving many times, and at first I panicked, swerving on the road or pulling to the side viciously as I try to grab the cigarette off the floor before it burned something. If the cigarette fell into my crotch area, I'd lift off the seat, bang my head into the ceiling, then start swerving on the road. I think smokers need a warning sign on their bumper saying "WARNING: Smoker Driver - Car May Swerve Or Make Sudden Stops."

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Trying to think of something to add which hasn't already been mentioned ... all great BTW, and almost all familiar.

I don't mind the fact that I don't presently know whether or not I own a cigarette lighter. Probably will find one somewhere in the house, but I don't know nor care. And, that's just really strange for me to think about! I remember the very first time I left for work, without a couple pack and a lighter. Felt so strange! I don't miss having those two items on my pre-departure check list.

I don't miss getting a 'smoking room' at a hotel. They often reeked of stale cigarette, cigar & pipe smoke which I found disgusting, even as a smoker.

I don't miss my craving a smoke break at work for an hour before I could go outside and get drenched in sweat in the Summer heat.

I can't really think of anything else to add, the rest of you have said it so well already!

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
How about NOT having to look for the smoking area when you're someplace unfamiliar?

Not trying to think of a reason to run to the car during a meeting/at a friends house/at the mall, in order to smoke. Now I only need to use the restroom.

Not using the flame on my stove because my lighter just died or I lost it. (I was always afriad I was going to set my hair on fire!)

Triage

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Reading, Pa
Getting ash blown into my eye while driving and ashing out the open window.... swear I did that one at least once a week.

On a down note:
My daughter just had a birthday, and I couldn't figure out how to light the candles. They always look to me for the lighter.... it's the first time I didn't have one. Didn't even know where to look anymore.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
How about NOT having to look for the smoking area when you're someplace unfamiliar?

Not trying to think of a reason to run to the car during a meeting/at a friends house/at the mall, in order to smoke. Now I only need to use the restroom.

Not using the flame on my stove because my lighter just died or I lost it. (I was always afriad I was going to set my hair on fire!)
Or the toaster. :laugh:

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
Being able to keep the car windows down without having my (long) hair blow onto the cherry and singe.

Not feeling guilty when a homeless person asks for a cigarette- I really don't have any.

The stunned expressions on friends' faces when they try the TV juice LOL

As for the improved sense of smell? Not always a benefit. I handed a patient some towels, a washcloth and soap and told him he needed to shower. Every time he had walked by my, I swear my nose hairs singed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread