Status
Not open for further replies.

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
So in the general e-juice section I heard about using unflavored Nic. Can't believe I never thought of this before. I mixed up some RTS nic @ 12mg 67%PG/33%VG. LOVE IT! Don't get me wrong I still love my flavors but sometimes with DIY it's overwhelming and I get flavor overload.. Early days yet but I can see going flavorless 50% of the time.
So all you DIY experts- do any of you go flavorless? Which vendors Nic do you prefer without flavor? And what PG/VG ratio do you like?

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I use 100% VG nic base, diluted with VG down to around 18mg nic with a drop of distilled water. Yes, I sometimes vape the unflavored between the 8 flavors that I rotate daily. I change up the 8 flavors from about 100 different mixes that I have ongoing at the moment! Flavor overload happens alot lol.

I tried RTS nic once and won't go back to them. (Perhaps it was a bad batch being dark yellow and stinky. No use worrying about it now. I threw it out...finding out later that I could've used it as weed killer. Such a huge waste of money, but a lesson learned for me.)

MFS unflavored nicotine has a bit of tobacco smell and taste, so it is good to vape alone or with tobacco flavors added when in that mood.

Wizard Labs has unflavored nic that really is odorless, colorless and no flavor that is excellent by itself and when mixed with fruit or desert flavors (no tobacco undertones to effect the outcome IMO) When I mix my tobacco flavors in WL nic, I get a true sense of what the flavor is supposed to be without the underlying tobacco (whatever it's extracted from) in there. :)

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I tried RTS nic once and won't go back to them. (Perhaps it was a bad batch being dark yellow and stinky. No use worrying about it now. I threw it out...finding out later that I could've used it as weed killer. Such a huge waste of money, but a lesson learned for me.)

I tried RTS nic once and won't go back to them. Yup.

Weird... My RTS is clear. I like it a lot!

Nicotine 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Flavorless Liquid Nicotine Satisfaction Guarantee

RTS Vapes flavorless nicotine liquid has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our flavorless nicotine liquid please submit a "Ticket" on our website and let us know if you want a 100% refund or replacement. This guarantee does not apply to other products such as concentrated food flavors whose likability are subjective.

Order with confidence

My first order in July was tinted yellow, but was happily vaped and liked. My next orders were wizard, rts,wizard and rts. They are all clear.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
I vape 100% unflavored pretty much exclusively anymore, and have for months. Unflavored actually has a "flavor" of itself, a light sweet flavor that is very refreshing and enjoyable! Wizard Labs is THE place to buy nic juice and other DIY items. They have by far the purest nic base I've ever seen or used. I have a bottle of 30mL 100mg from MadVapes right now and it's got a slight yellowish tinge (but zero additional flavor that I can taste, though I only put a few drops in my 20mL bottles when I mix my juice), where as Wizard Labs nic juice is as pure and clear as mountain spring water! :) I only vape 2.5-5mg juice at the highest these days (started at 24mg!!!) so there's literally only a few drops in each bottle I mix so I don't notice it, but those vaping higher nic juices made with lower nic content stuff (like 36-48mg) will definitely want the purest nic juice you can find, and that would be Wizard Labs!!!

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
So in the general e-juice section I heard about using unflavored Nic. Can't believe I never thought of this before. I mixed up some RTS nic @ 12mg 67%PG/33%VG. LOVE IT! Don't get me wrong I still love my flavors but sometimes with DIY it's overwhelming and I get flavor overload.. Early days yet but I can see going flavorless 50% of the time.
So all you DIY experts- do any of you go flavorless? Which vendors Nic do you prefer without flavor? And what PG/VG ratio do you like?

Maile, you will probably find this thread interesting:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/298547-nicotine-comparisons.html

We hash out several. Some have a strong taste, but depending, I find them enjoyable. I like a nic that has bite to it when it is all by itself. I also like my nic to have a pepper effect. For flavored, WL Ice seems to rule right now. No taste on its own at all, so I can have 5% flavor or less and the flavor shines through.

I vape flavorless at work...don't really want to explain why my office smells like I'm baking a pie. Right now I'm vaping unflavored Box Elder, which is very similar to some of the "robust" batches I've had of RTS. I've seen a lot of variation with RTS. Sometimes it has a fairly pronounced flavor, sometimes it has almost none.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

Hi Maile, I just started that Saturday for the first time. Listened to a veteran that knows more than me and Im surprised. Its not bad at all. But, I actually started without nic and vaped 2 Vivi minis all day to test and make sure they are working the same. The purpose is to compare the RTS nic from 12-28-12, with the Wizard from 11-?- 12. But Sunday, instead of filling with the 2 nics, I thought it better to just fill 1 with nic and compare with my 80/20 flavorless. And have been doing that since. My trusted veteran says to take some time and i agree. Stay tuned to the Nic thread.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
I do not vape flavorless--I tried in the beginning and don' t much care for it although there are certain recipes I have that are super low flavoring just enough to mask the nic for when I am having a tastebud crisis of some sort. I like my nic with as little pepper as possible and non-stinky.
Then Wizard Labs is definitely your best bet if you've never ordered there before. By far the clearest, and most pure/flavorless nic base I know of.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Started DIY a couple months back. This morning I mixed RTS nic at 12mg with 70/30 pg/vg. I like it better than every single bottle of vendor product I did not like. Also, I thought well enough of it to give a friend at work some to try. I heard someone say they thought it tasted like a lite cigarette. I kinda agree with that. I use DCTank carts and i'm thinkin it will extend the life of the cart for the obvious reasons. Glad to have it in my arsenal.

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Ok I've been in my unflavored kick for two weeks now... Love it. I try my flavors once in awhile but flavorless is my new favorite! Imagine I have a fridge full of flavors for my DIY and all I vape (for now) is flavorless.. Still tastes change I'll keep all my Gear but next up is other nic brands.. Have RTS going strong and loving it. In freezer- e-cig express and Wizard labs ultra pure and Ice... Should be interesting to see if I can taste a difference.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Ok I've been in my unflavored kick for two weeks now... Love it. I try my flavors once in awhile but flavorless is my new favorite! Imagine I have a fridge full of flavors for my DIY and all I vape (for now) is flavorless.. Still tastes change I'll keep all my Gear but next up is other nic brands.. Have RTS going strong and loving it. In freezer- e-cig express and Wizard labs ultra pure and Ice... Should be interesting to see if I can taste a difference.

Let us know Maile, then post in the Nic Thread. Im getting tired of the 80/20 and no flavor, going to try 100%VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread