Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I know there are several folks on here that vape unflavored juice. I used to think that was a bit odd as it was the various flavors I used that kept me from smoking and eventually quitting cigs. But now, it seems that everything I vape, now matter how tasty it is, gets kinda old to me. I have begun to consider going the unflavored route. Just nicotine in PG base and max VG. Easy enough to mix for sure. I've not tried this yet though. If not completely unflavored I might go with a bit of peppermint anyway as I do like peppermint vape. I'm sure that unflavored juice would still have some kind of taste though. So, my question to those that vape unflavored is does it still taste like something? How would you best describe it?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I can’t taste PG. Grant it I‘ve never vaped unflavoured that was a high PG ratio. 70VG/30 to 80VG/20 to me has a slight sweetness. Do not think the sweetness is enough to say 80% vg was sweeter, but the sweetness was present with those 2 ratios. Not talking super sweet but noticeable. I have even added a drop or 2 of FA Polar Blast just to give a slight cooling effect. I found that refreshing.

Love my flavoured e-juice, but unflavoured can be a refreshing change. Don’t think I’ve ever used it as an all day vape, but I would have no problem vaping unflavoured all day.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My choice of nic has a slight peppery taste to it, which is part of the reason why it's my personal choice (I like it).

I incorporate flavorless as part of my options, and use it when feeling as you are with my other flavors. A few hours, or days, or sometimes just a few vapes even, and my appreciation for the other flavors returns.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
My choice of nic has a slight peppery taste to it, which is part of the reason why it's my personal choice (I like it).

I incorporate flavorless as part of my options, and use it when feeling as you are with my other flavors. A few hours, or days, or sometimes just a few vapes even, and my appreciation for the other flavors returns.
I got a hold of some of that “peppery” stuff today and yes it made me want my flavors back!

homeuser6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
brightwood,or.,usa
recently stocked up on vg nic base and vg due to vapocalypse worry. could not duplicate my favorite flavor so i tried unflavored. it is still sweet and entirely satisfactory. some dw in there to make it wick faster. seems like coils and wicks last longer. flavored got shoved to the rear. (wizard labs)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got a hold of some of that “peppery” stuff today and yes it made me want my flavors back!

I actually prefer that bit of flavor. What many consider "clean" is not appealing to me. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I like to feel like I'm vaping something? Who knows.

Some things just are.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I actually prefer that bit of flavor. What many consider "clean" is not appealing to me. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I like to feel like I'm vaping something? Who knows.

Some things just are.
True, it’s really not bad, but yes you can taste it! I remember all the post complaining about it and you’ve always like it. I think I described it has harsh the 1st few times before I got my diy belt buckle. Now I’m not too bothered by it.;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
True, it’s really not bad, but yes you can taste it! I remember all the post complaining about it and you’ve always like it. I think I described it has harsh the 1st few times before I got my diy belt buckle. Now I’m not too bothered by it.;)

Yeah - it's vape. It's all personal preferences, as it should be. :thumb:

One day, possibly much too soon, these choices we've been so fortunate to have will be no more. :(

1. Marlboro
  2. Marlboro Light
  3. Marlboro Medium
  4. (etc., etc., etc.) ...

(sigh)

Reactions: Katdarling

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Yeah - it's vape. It's all personal preferences, as it should be. :thumb:

One day, possibly much too soon, these choices we've been so fortunate to have will be no more. :(

1. Marlboro
  2. Marlboro Light
  3. Marlboro Medium
  4. (etc., etc., etc.) ...

(sigh)
We can always have hope they will come to their senses :)

• Love
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
We can always have hope they will come to their senses :)

There's still a scant bit of hope that the FDA will have the overriding authority removed from their plate, but I don't know if that will happen. If it does, I think it will be one HECK of a vape party.

Hopeful, I am, but "optimistic" would be an inaccurate word for me to use.

Personally, I think it will come down to whether DJT thinks he needs the vape vote (or not). All we can do is keep the pressure on, because I know he'll get absolutely ZERO from my legislators (Blumenthal & Murphy in CT).

When I sent my last letter in, I got a form letter back from Murphy's office thanking me for my input on the immigration bill. :blink: :facepalm:

But I digress. :blush:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
LOL, DPL! I think I just got one not long ago from Camel A Harris...

Now, about unflavored. I like a bit of unflaved now and then, but I mostly use it to cut my flavored liquids, 50-50. It rocks me socks.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    LOL, DPL! I think I just got one not long ago from Camel A Harris...

Now, about unflavored. I like a bit of unflaved now and then, but I mostly use it to cut my flavored liquids, 50-50. It rocks me socks.

Love the new avatar!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread