Unflavored juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
After almost 11 months vaping I have found several flavors that I like and can vape, however sometimes it seems like the flavors just seem a little overkill. So lately I have been noticing several folks around here seem to like unflavored juice, which has me wondering if I would like it. Before I go buying blindly I have a few questions though.

All of these questions are regarding unflavored juice.

Are there marked differences between juices from different juice makers?

Is there a big difference depending on the PG/VG ratio?

Is there anything else you feel a person should know about unflavored juices?

OK, that was only 3 questions, but the last one will hopefully cover anything I didn't anticipate.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I try to buy where they have a good reputation. You'd be best to buy off the places talked about on ECF, not Google.

It's cheap enuf to try small bottles first from a few different places. I don't settle for anything that isn't totally clear and odorless.

You'll have to try different places to come to your own conclusion on TH and taste.

I buy PG mixed nic because it's easier to mix down and VG is readily available at local stores.

Coming from longtime flavor vaping, you may want to use some sweetner or menthol or something until your tastebuds adapt.

Myself, I think it's awesome and haven't got bored at all @ over 2yrs. using it.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Goodfield, IL
    Thanks for the response r77r7r.

I pretty much won't buy from anywhere excep ECF or Pbusardo recommended vendors. That's the first hurdle a vendor has to make it over. I'm at a point where clear and odorless sounds pretty good. I don't think I'll ever leave flavored juices behind completely, but I just feel like sometimes I'd like a break from the flavor. Six months ago there would have been no way I would have even thought about unflavored.

I'm pretty much stuck at 12mg juice right now, so ordering the nic level really isn't much of a question right now. Maybe in six months I'll look to cut back to 6, but I don't think mixing will be an issue for some time.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Goodfield, IL
    You might get this too late, but Wizard Labs just restocked.

Actually, I would say I got it just in time. I was shopping around, mulling, mulling (I like to mull), and your reply arrived. I had heard of Wizard Labs, but never looked at them because I wasn't really looking to try DIY yet. On the other hand, HOLY CRAP! 500ml of 24% nic in PG, 500 ml of VG to mix with it and shipping all for under $50.00! Even if I don't care for unfavored juice I can play around with DIY, or try concentrated juices. So thank you for that. I figured I would spend that much for maybe 10% as much unflavored juice from several different vendors.

Now, for the waiting game....

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Goodfield, IL
    And the wait is over! My vapemail from Wizard Labs came in today, and after I got it home I mixed up some 50/50 at 12mg, loaded up a Boge cartomizer and put it in a tank. First thoughts, it's just a tiny little bit sweet, other than that it seems very..... neutral. Which is pretty nice. I can certainly see this being my morning flavor, and probably also my bed-time flavor. I'll keep an eye out to see how much I continue to use the unflavored juice vs. flavored.

r77r7r, thanks very much for your advice, as things stand right now I imagine I'll be ordering from Wizard Labs again.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
    Senior Moderator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2011
    And the wait is over! My vapemail from Wizard Labs came in today, and after I got it home I mixed up some 50/50 at 12mg, loaded up a Boge cartomizer and put it in a tank. First thoughts, it's just a tiny little bit sweet, other than that it seems very..... neutral. Which is pretty nice. I can certainly see this being my morning flavor, and probably also my bed-time flavor. I'll keep an eye out to see how much I continue to use the unflavored juice vs. flavored.

r77r7r, thanks very much for your advice, as things stand right now I imagine I'll be ordering from Wizard Labs again.

I sometimes add a couple drops of lemon flavoring to unflavored. Very refreshing.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Goodfield, IL
    I sometimes add a couple drops of lemon flavoring to unflavored. Very refreshing.

I can see this being a possibility. This kind of reminds me of a fruit drink one of my relatives makes for family get togethers. I'ts just a little lemon, lime, and anything else she wants to put in that day in water. Really, it's water with just a touch of fruit juice and no sugar. Not my favorite drink, but I can see doing something similar with unflavored. Maybe a little fruit, or a little mint. I'm sure I'll pick up some flavorings soon, but right now I'll just enjoy the new experience of unflavored.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread