Unflavoured e-liquid supplier in UK wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
I'm looking for plain, unflavoured nicotine liquid available in the UK, but I'm not having much luck. Main criteria are good value for money, choice of PG or VG base, high concentration, and good quality (pure, not degraded, and no pointless additives). 20mg/ml will do, but stronger would be more convenient.

As I don't want any flavours I've been mixing my own liquid in the USA from 24mg/ml unflavoured nicotine, food-grade glycerine, and a dash of pure water. Works well for me and I'd like to continue when I get home to the UK. Any ideas?

Reactions: stols001

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
Pick up a liter or two of US sourced 100mg/ml or greater and bring it with you in your checked luggage.
"Nothing to declare"
Done and done for years, perhaps decades.
I
If you mean the luggage that goes in the hold, I don't have any, I'll be travelling with carry-on luggage only, and my experiences with breaking the rules for that are mixed. Once they didn't notice I'd failed to remove my liquids bag, another time they noticed I'd failed to open my laptop for inspection and they got back at me by delaying me for some time checking all kinds of crazy things. Even the ordinary airline staff grilled me once about my liquids, and nearly confiscated my toothpaste until they realised it was within the 100-ml limit. So in my situation it would seem dicey.
Since other venues are dry at the moment, try your luck on Ebay UK. I've seen plenty of sellers offering nic bases.
Well, I have high hopes for SonicBomb's source, but if that doesn't work out then that'll be worth a try.
This sounds like a post tailor made for the UK forum
There's a UK forum here?

• Optimistic

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
If you mean the luggage that goes in the hold, I don't have any, I'll be travelling with carry-on luggage only, and my experiences with breaking the rules for that are mixed. Once they didn't notice I'd failed to remove my liquids bag, another time they noticed I'd failed to open my laptop for inspection and they got back at me by delaying me for some time checking all kinds of crazy things. Even the ordinary airline staff grilled me once about my liquids, and nearly confiscated my toothpaste until they realised it was within the 100-ml limit. So in my situation it would seem dicey.
Sorry, you said you were moving back to the UK.
How will you get your possessions home?
You could use a bit of subterfuge and mail the "olive oil" to your address in the UK. :shock:

There's a UK forum here?

UK Forum

Safe travels
I

• Agree

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
Sorry, you said you were moving back to the UK.
How will you get your possessions home?
You could use a bit of subterfuge and mail the "olive oil" to your address in the UK. :shock:
I didn't bring much with me, just stayed with friends so I didn't need a lot. Easier to travel light and I don't trust the airline with stuff in the hold.
UK Forum
Safe travels
I
Thanks. I guess I could re-post my question there if the solutions I've been given here don't work out, but I don't hold out much hope of getting any replies. Looks like it's pretty much dead :-( Maybe the EU executed all the British vapers while I was away.

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
Watch your shipping costs and product value to ensure minimum duty is charged.
I needed to email a copy of my receipt to Spanish Customs when a friend in the states shipped me 2 liters of "Sunflower based massage oil". Additional Duty was about 50€.

HTH
I
If I get the UK place to supply me, it'll be £25 for the product (250ml) and £5 for the shipping. Being also inland, that shouldn't raise any eyebrows. If a friend happened to ship me a gift from the USA, I gather there's no import duty or VAT due on items worth less than £34. Sadly it seems I may be liable for prosecution if I were to have any hand in the sending of anything against the rules. Whether or not nicotine is against the rules is hard to know. Could be seen as potentially toxic I guess, or against the EU directive on volume and concentration. OTOH, if an unsolicited item were mailed to me, I don't see how anybody could nail me for it (though the law can be a strange thing), and the sender could presumably take precautions to protect themselves.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
If I get the UK place to supply me, it'll be £25 for the product (250ml) and £5 for the shipping. Being also inland, that shouldn't raise any eyebrows. If a friend happened to ship me a gift from the USA, I gather there's no import duty or VAT due on items worth less than £34. Sadly it seems I may be liable for prosecution if I were to have any hand in the sending of anything against the rules. Whether or not nicotine is against the rules is hard to know. Could be seen as potentially toxic I guess, or against the EU directive on volume and concentration. OTOH, if an unsolicited item were mailed to me, I don't see how anybody could nail me for it (though the law can be a strange thing), and the sender could presumably take precautions to protect themselves.

You would need to weigh those pro and cons and then decide how risk averse you are.
My massage oil was $25 a liter and $35 for both to be shipped.
Worst case scenario was loss of the product+shipping cost; if it was confiscated and destroyed.
I am not encouraging you to operate outside of your comfort zone, just providing a bit of insight.

As a final though, your liquids limit is 1litre (10X100ml) in your carry on bag. A few air-travel approved shampoo/condition/lotion bottles labeled with permanent marker are almost expected in most travelers bags.

5 years worth of UK/EU focused information thru the link:
The "Flying Vaper"

Be safe. Best of luck.
I

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
You would need to weigh those pro and cons and then decide how risk averse you are.
My massage oil was $25 a liter and $35 for both to be shipped.
Worst case scenario was loss of the product+shipping cost; if it was confiscated and destroyed.
I am not encouraging you to operate outside of your comfort zone, just providing a bit of insight.

As a final though, your liquids limit is 1litre (10X100ml) in your carry on bag. A few air-travel approved shampoo/condition/lotion bottles labeled with permanent marker are almost expected in most travelers bags.

5 years worth of UK/EU focused information thru the link:
The "Flying Vaper"

Be safe. Best of luck.
I
Thanks. The link confirms my experience that the airport bulldogs are pretty inconsistent in their performance, sometimes letting stuff through that's against the rules, other times confiscating stuff wrongly. I'll probably take a small bottle back with me just to see what happens, but that won't last me for long. So a UK mail order purchase will be the next thing, and if that doesn't work then I'll think again.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread