Status
Not open for further replies.

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Is there a flanged 35 mm pre punched SR carto? :confused:
I have the standard 22 tank on the way from ITB and am so used to the flanged cartos from IKV. I am leery of using the short Boges without the flange as it seems as if the tank would slide right off. Sometimes it's a chore to get my drip tips in and the flange help with leverage. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gwen

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I know smoktech makes standard length (35mm) pre-punched flanged cartos in varying resistance levels. The last ones I bought I got from Madvapes, their stock has been horrible lately so I'm not sure if they are still in stock.

Just as a FYI, using flanged cartos with IBtanks will cause there to be a gap between the tank and PV. As many PVs have a raised center connection anyway, the added height of the flange makes it a bit ugly in my opinion.

IBtanks hold the carto quite tight. My 22s that came in seem to be even tighter than my older 19s,which still held quite tight. After letting it "settle" it's actually somewhat difficult for me to slide the tank off the carto for a re-fill. I can pick up a vamo in 18650 mode by holding onto the tank, and still shake it around without any slippage.

Last edited:

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I know smoktech makes standard length (35mm) pre-punched flanged cartos in varying resistance levels. The last ones I bought I got from Madvapes, their stock has been horrible lately so I'm not sure if they are still in stock.

Just as a FYI, using flanged cartos with IBtanks will cause there to be a gap between the tank and PV. As many PVs have a raised center connection anyway, the added height of the flange makes it a bit ugly in my opinion.

IBtanks hold the carto quite tight. My 22s that came in seem to be even tighter than my older 19s,which still held quite tight. After letting it "settle" it's actually somewhat difficult for me to slide the tank off the carto for a re-fill. I can pick up a vamo in 18650 mode by holding onto the tank, and still shake it around without any slippage.

Well, well, that is tight.
Yea, I use them on my 19's. The gap doesn't bother me. I'll try the non flanged as I trust the IBT's.
Thanks fro the quick reply,
Gwen

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll confirm UncleChuck's statement that any carto will fit tight enough on an IBTanked that you do not need a flanged carto. In fact, I've read more "complaints" of the carto's fitting so tight that new users have had minor issues just getting them into their tanks than I have of any tanks skipping off of the carto accidentally.

Use the tank tool that IBTanked has, or one similar like a Slap Yo Moma tank accessory tool from Big Daddy Vapor, and lubricate both the tool and the carto with a dab of e-liquid just prior to fitting them into your tank to make assembly easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread