First two carto-tanks, second one is useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
So, my first tank experience was a good one. I bought the 6ml Affinity Pyrex Tank. It uses un-flanged cartos and sits flush against my beauty ring with perfect alignment for airflow and hole punches. Later, I bought a "Fuel tank" at a B&M because I was looking for another glass carto-tank for rotation. Now that I've had it for a while, I started to read up on it. I don't think it's an actual fuel tank. I'm not sure if it's actually glass and on top of that, it slides down too far on my un-flanged cartos. Like I said, the beauty ring keeps that from happening with my other tank. So I bought some flanged carto's and now the tank sits too high. The punched holes are below or covered by the o-ring. I guess if I'm going to add a tank to my rotation, I'll get another like the one in the link.

It would be nice to know if there are any tanks out there that aren't so picky about working with flanged or un-flanged cartos. My second tank either slides down over it's own threading and air holes when I use a non-flanged, or sits too high and covers the punch holes when using flanged. No bueno!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I'll try Bad's IBTanked suggestion for my fourth tank. My third* one is one the way from Phiniac. I got clear glass tube frosted with the "Gears" motif in silver overlay. Should compliment the 134 well. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

*technically my third tank was a cheap glass job from a web vendor. The o-rings hadn't cure or something when they put the caps on the tank, so by the time I got it the silicon seemed fused to the glass tube. I put the bottom cap in a bench-vice and pulled the top cap with pliers. The tank pulled apart, but not by the caps. I have two capped halves of a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread