Uniform firmware for many devices - ArcticFox + NFirmwareEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
have been into the battery cutoff voltage feature and re-set that from the 3.35v that it cutoff at from the factory, and changed that to 3.10v
Are you referring to the Battery Voltage Offset (BVO)? Can't seem to find any other battery tweaks, at least not on the device itself. Are you on nightly or stable version?

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
@WickedWicks

Battery Voltage Offset (BVO) is something different Wicks.

af_171228.bin I think is the newest version out, and the one that I am using.

Start the ArcticFox NToolbox Configuration Screen,
go to the "Advanced" tab,
then the "Settings" tab,
then find "Battery Model" and click "Generic Battery",
and "User1",
then the "Edit" tab right beside it.
Once into "Edit" you can reset your Battery Cut Off Voltage from the default of 3.35v (I think for WisMec devices) to like what I have on my P80 which is now 3.10v (this is a Battery Profile so don't forget to save it after you have done all your adjustments, and rename it to some other Name than "User1").
This also works for af_170914.bin. I'm also using NToolbox 171128.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ShowerHead

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
For all you experts in this software, if you're using tc, and you have the temperature dominant checked off in the software so it displays the temp, and that's what you can change on the mod, is there also a way to adjust the wattage from the mod under the same profile?
Double click switches between T or W dom... 4 click can change also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I think it is 4 clicks of fire button. But the manual is here

NFE Products Manual

I'll take a look, but under the controls/multi clicks menu under the TC option, I can set the 4 clicks to edit, and that does get me into a menu to change wattage, however once that's done, I can't figure out how to exit out of that menu. It just keeps looping me through the different options.

Double click switches between T or W dom... 4 click can change also.

Not sure I'm following. What do you mean when you say "Double click switches between T or W dom" ?

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I'll take a look, but under the controls/multi clicks menu under the TC option, I can set the 4 clicks to edit, and that does get me into a menu to change wattage, however once that's done, I can't figure out how to exit out of that menu. It just keeps looping me through the different options.

Not sure I'm following. What do you mean when you say "Double click switches between T or W dom" ?

I got it now. Changed the 4 clicks to TDom, which allows me to switch between temp and watts. Sorry for my confusion.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have done it both ways. Locked or not locked. Don't think it makes much difference. Even locked if you take a tank with a warm tank off and put it back on you will get asked if it is a new coil. Same as when it isn't locked.

The locked might keep it from hiccuping in use and thinking a new coil was put on. But haven't seen much if any difference.

Reactions: icebat

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I have done it both ways. Locked or not locked. Don't think it makes much difference. Even locked if you take a tank with a warm tank off and put it back on you will get asked if it is a new coil. Same as when it isn't locked.

The locked might keep it from hiccuping in use and thinking a new coil was put on. But haven't seen much if any difference.

You can get out of the looping by holding the fire button for a few seconds. This goes back to normal mode for vaping after you change the settings.

Thank you!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
One more question, do you guys prefer to lock in your resistance in temp control mode? Or leave unlocked?
Since the board is designed to regulate from a locked resistance.... and my mod won't stop asking New COIL IF NOT Locked . I lock.

But then I get best performance in VW mode with a custom power curve.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
i want another Arctic Fox compatible mod i have narrowed down my search to the evic primo 2 or istick tria does anyone have either of these mods with Arctic Fox on them that can speak to there reliability or which one y'all think i should get?

I've had the primo v2 since release and I love it... if you get a good 510. I had a 510 issue even with my v2 and I had to take it all apart to modify and respring the 510. Other than the 510 it is still in my daily rotation with my other mods

One more question, do you guys prefer to lock in your resistance in temp control mode? Or leave unlocked?

I always leave the resistance unlocked so the mod can find the most accurate reading.
Sometimes I go even fire the mod and purposely set it as new coil so it forces the mod the relearn the proper resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread