Uniform firmware for many devices - ArcticFox + NFirmwareEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Plug into PC and use the device monitor to watch what happens when you tweak preheat.

I set mine to relative, 220%, .4 seconds. Normally power is around 11.5W. The preheat pops the temp right up to my set point and I find it a much better vape.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip. I'm trying 150% for 3/th's.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Lol))

It's absolutely like VW mode, but TC have higher priority. You could set 500% preheat, but if your coil overheat, you get les power.

I think max is 250%, but yes, even at that, it cuts power once you hit the set TC temp.

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Another feature they might want to consider is the ability to stop charging at less than 100% I can get through a work day easily with 80% of an LG HG2. I'd stop the charging at 90% if I could for the sake of more cycles.
Won't get you more cycles...... charging sooner will though. Cycles much more affected by # amps in/out and charge volts too low and too high.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Informative

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Won't get you more cycles...... charging sooner will though. Cycles much more affected by # amps in/out and charge volts too low and too high.

Discharging at low volts is stressful and continuing to charge above about 80% is more stressful than at lower voltages. Look it up. But no need to quibble. It might be an easy feature to add and use or don't use as you see fit.. This software adds a lot of value to my VTC mini and Pico. Android version would sure be nice.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Discharging at low volts is stressful and continuing to charge above about 80% is more stressful than at lower voltages. Look it up. But no need to quibble. It might be an easy feature to add and use or don't use as you see fit.. This software adds a lot of value to my VTC mini and Pico. Android version would sure be nice.
So then why start at a lower voltage....... 80% charge is 80% of full voltage not 80% of mah...
Unless your vaping at 10 watts or so your discharging at a much higher rate than the .5 to 1 amp maybe 2 amps you are charging at........

I don't see how you increase cycles by an increase in overall stress.

Post a request..on the AF page. maybe they will consider it for future updates.

• Informative

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016

As I know, he is quite right. For example, in some notebooks you could set "improve battery life" - it stops charging when battery will be about 60-80%.

• Informative

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
Another feature they might want to consider is the ability to stop charging at less than 100% I can get through a work day easily with 80% of an LG HG2. I'd stop the charging at 90% if I could for the sake of more cycles.
By the way, in stable version of AF you could charge to 4.12 volts max, people says. In last nighly build it's better... Do you have this bug?

Last edited:
  • Informative

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just flashed this to my eVic Basic. Loving the config tool and the featureset. The circle theme is really nice too.

Question though, wasnt there a setting somewhere to lockout the preheat on consecutive drags? Like only allow preheat every x settings? (using VW mode)

Also I would like an average/peak amp draw setting on the display, active amps isnt entirely useful for me..

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Damn you people! I just bought an Evic Basic so I could have an ultra-compact rig with this firmware. Enablers... the whole lot of ya.

I got an evic basic a while back and don't use it because I need a silicone sleeve for it and I don't have one yet. But I did put AF on it and that works fine.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Damn you people! I just bought an Evic Basic so I could have an ultra-compact rig with this firmware. Enablers... the whole lot of ya.

I love my Basic, tossed a Nautilus X and its quite compact. You can DL (mild restriction) that tank too with any of the coils (1.5kan, 1.8kan, and .6ss) 1.8 for flavor, the .6ss Pockex coils are the best DL coils.

Got a Smok Spirals tank incoming too, going to see how the mod handles ~40 watts

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I love my Basic, tossed a Nautilus X and its quite compact. You can DL (mild restriction) that tank too with any of the coils (1.5kan, 1.8kan, and .6ss) 1.8 for flavor, the .6ss Pockex coils are the best DL coils.

Got a Smok Spirals tank incoming too, going to see how the mod handles ~40 watts

I'll probably use an eGo One tank with a CLR... I started building them with Ni200 and SS316 coils... works well for a midget tank.

• Informative
I installed af_170201.bin on my Pico with Operating System XP SP3 with no problem. However, I did have a minor problem with configurating, ie, "Flip." Flip doesn't flip.

One other thing: "Upload" and "Download"...A bit more clarification
would be nice, for example "Upload to Device," and "Download from
Device." I say this because I wasn't certain whether I was changing
a file on my computer or making changes on the Pico.

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
One other thing: "Upload" and "Download"...A bit more clarification
would be nice, for example "Upload to Device," and "Download from
Device." I say this because I wasn't certain whether I was changing
a file on my computer or making changes on the Pico.
Download from your device - get settings, upload to your device - update settings

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Is it normal to see resistance fluctuations like this on SS316L while coil is cooling down?

upload_2017-4-2_11-44-6.png

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Is it normal to see resistance fluctuations like this on SS316L while coil is cooling down?

View attachment 645951
I'm not the expert but I believe the answer is yes. Mine does the same. Because of insights watching AF watts and temp for each puff I've changed wire from 28 guage stainless to 30 guage for lower power consumption. The 30 guage at the same resistance has the same heat flux at half the watts. There is a bit less vapor but I got used to that. To calibate the temperature setting I do a dry cotton test at 420 and adjust the resistance until I get a slight singhe at that temp. Then at least things are consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread