The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

unpleasant odors

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by telegraph, Oct 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. telegraph

telegraph Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    TN, USA
    Are there particular e-liquids that leave minimal lingering odors?
    Any vape odor is better than burning tobacco, but I find that some juices tend to stink up the house.
    Are there any particular brands that minimize this problem? For example, although I like some Halo juices, some seem to have a lingering bad odor.
    Your input appreciated.

2. DoogieTony

DoogieTony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You could always vape unflavored. If that's not your thing, I'd suggest looking for light flavors like a tea or maybe a mint.

I've heard halo has some strong smelling juice tho so maybe try a different vendor. Most vendors have juices with a smell to them but maybe others won't be as offensive.

3. blondeambition3

blondeambition3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    Honestly I've never had this problem. Then again, I've never vaped Halo juices either. Thanks for the heads-up and keep on vaping! :thumbs:

4. happydave

happydave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    well you could get some ventilation going that might help a bit. i know a few people that buy Pure VG and empty bottles to cut the pre-made juice in half. so one 10 mL bottle of pre made juice makes two 10 mL bottles. doing this will cut the flavor amount in half, this will also cut the nicotine content in half so when you buy your pre-made juice you need to get twice the nicotine content. so for example one 10 ml bottle at 24 MG of nicotine per mL will make two 10 mL bottles at 12 MG per Ml.

5. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Other than the unflavoreds, most ejuices will leave a lingering scent. Tobaccos are probably the hardest ones for non-vapers to tolerate.

Menthols, fruit and coffees are usually well tolerated, as they are so common in our environment that people are not bothered by them.

6. madqatter

madqatter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    I've also heard reports that honey flavoring tastes great but smells awful.... YMMV.

7. telegraph

telegraph Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    TN, USA
    Thanks to all! i like the VG dilution idea and will try that.

8. Sane Asylum

Sane Asylum Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Maryland, USA
    Funny, the only flavor anyone in my family has commented on smelling is Halo's torque 56. My daughter thought it smelled a little perfumy. I usually vape Tribeca or Vermillion River RY4 or KPB in the house and no one has ever commented on an odor. Besides the particular liquid you're vaping, I think the size of the size of your home and type of ventilation has a lot to do with it too.

9. Amraann

Amraann Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Florida
    I have only ever gotten positive comments on the liquids I vape.
    But then again I only vape fruity flavors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.