Unsealed, on the loose syringes

Status
Not open for further replies.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
I was wondering how common-place it is for vaping supplies vendors to provide syringes on the loose, not in original sealed sterile packaging?

I bought a single syringe from GotVapes for filling my cartomizers, and was surprised to receive it on the loose with all the other items in my order. The syringe had printed on it "FOR INSULIN USE ONLY." I've received similar vaping related accessories from other vendors, and these products have been sent in their original sealed packaging.

When I contacted GotVapes they informed me that this is common practice, relating it to syringes used for diabetics that come in 50 packs. However, family members I have that rely on syringes and similar medical supplies have always been provided individually hygienically sterile syringes and the like.

As I stated, I have not found any other vape-related vendors that I've done business with to provide anything but sterile products. So, I am curious as to what other vendors out there practice this "on-the-loose" product delivery and how this is acceptable practice?

Thank you

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
It was a steel blunt-tipped needle applicator, and that part was separate and actually wrapped in its own packaging; the syringe was separate. You stick that needle applicator onto the syringe base. There's no screwing, so if it's not shoved on tight enough you can leak juice. But still, the syringe could easily be contaminated by the other products I ordered, by the person who packaged the order if they didn't wear gloves and package in a sanitary environment, etc. There's just no guarantee that the syringe I received wasn't pre-used for all I know. But even if that's an outlandish possibility, there still remains the fact that it's exposed to the other products and yada yada. It seems like some serious health-code violations. Even syringes for doing arts and crafts are more hygienically supplied.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I didn't know that TSC sold them. There is one five miles from my house. I will have to stop there tomorrow. I need some more :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
At my local TSC they have 3, 5, 10, 20, and 30cc syringes. They have them available as singles, or in a box. They also have different gauges of needles available.

They are with the cattle and hog antibiotics and de-wormers here.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
I just bought the syringe from GotVapes since it seemed convenient and I'd need it with the new products I ordered. I thought perhaps this syringe would be some how more suitable for e-liquid purposes than something I'd get through some non-vaping merchant, though I realize this is not the case (just need a blunt tip, and make sure it's not too too thin so the juice can easily transfer). And of course it was incredibly overpriced with buying a single needle from a site dedicating to vaping.

Regarding the issue of having a box of 100 syringes unwrapped, well that's when a customer buys that a 100 pack. It's not like going to a gas station and picking out a goofy novelty pen from a box of 100. Likewise, a customer doesn't open up that 100 pack of syringes in the store to buy just one. (Not picking on the person who mentioned the insulin needles in 100 packs, because the GotVapes customer service even equated it to a 50 pack of diabetic needles his wife uses, which is obviously where he took it out of since as I mentioned earlier the needle read "for insulin use only." At least put a GotVapes sticker over that, perhaps even rename it something you can copyright to feel special.

And all my vaping supplies have always been individually sealed, and we're not talking just little plastic baggies: from the batteries to drip tips etc., but not with GotVapes. Regarding the individual sealing of products (and I can understand if they're in an original packaged box, say in a 5 pack), but have people encountered other vendors who do not practice more sanitary and safe measures? Since it's not a topic that's frequently addressed, and certainly wouldn't be approved for any product reviews on a vaping store website, I'd just like to know if there's some more grungy vendors to be aware of? I'd be fine with them if I was paying significantly less, but I felt I paid a premium from buying from a popular domestic vendor and yet I received products that were delivered to me even less satisfactorily than some of the random junk I've bought off eBay for pennies and free international shipping.

I don't feel I'm being paranoid about this syringe issue (personally my 5-second rule can stretch to a month or longer, like M&M's I find in the couch) because my main beef is with the quality of my order and how much I paid for unsatisfactory products and it is a universal concern regarding syringe distribution, however reputable the supplier is hailed as being. I am being .... about my responses and trying to articulate my beef with this issue, just because I've been deleted and then that pushes my buttons and I take things personally and my goats get got and yada yada. And because it is US commerce there's state and federal regulations and laws implemented to ensure consumer safety and satisfaction.

Please do not delete this with my elevating this discussion to legal matters, because it is obviously relevant to this thread and appropriate dialogue for any smart consumer. If there's particularly offensive or not-allowed parts of this post I'd like to be advised on how I should edit/post my thoughts. And the legal business is not even the original issue, it's just me wondering how common it is to receive single syringe orders unsealed not in original sterile packaging, or if you can go into a syringe candy store and just pick out one syringe to buy on the loose? If this is the norm then it's just something I've gotta accept if I want to purchase things this way. Though now I've learned that even insulin needles can be used, so no more buying needles from vaping vendors. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread