Unseen $$ saved with Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggerP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Louisiana
I've seen several threads and calculations for money saved (or, money spent LOL) during the conversion to the wonderful world of vaping. We tend to compare them to the cost of a pack of analogs.

My budget is simple... I spent about $8.00 a day in analogs so I now budget $6.00 a day for vaping materials and I spend it guilt free. I also take $2.00 a day and drop it in a jar (which now has over $250 over it).

But, I still know that I am saving far and beyond that $2.00/day.

I've thought of these things I have saved on in the last few months alone... and would enjoy hearing others savings. I know there are other non-monetary intangible benefits, but I would like to focus on those items we can easily fix a price to.

1) Lighters (which I could manage to lose before I left the store).

2) Clothes (burn holes. Hot ashes are attracted magnetically to more expensive clothes).

3) Medicine. (Either doctor's visits for colds that wouldn't shake or always needing more expensive antibiotics because I was a smoker -- E.g. Biaxin $120.00, Amoxicillin $8.00).

4) Cleaning supplies (I used to have to clean my air purifier every other day -- now every two weeks).

5) The "extra pack" of analogs (Not the standard $4 a pack when you buy a carton -- but the pack you needed because you ran out and they were $5 or $6).

6) Breath fresheners (now my wife LIKES kissing a chocolate, nutty caramel, gummy bear waffle)

Curious to see the replies!

These have been added from posts below:

7) Impulse buys from the gas station while getting analogs.

8) Febreze - air fresheners

9) Burn holes in furniture and car.

Last edited:

sam.8

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm still in my first week, so can't really say, but it occured to me the other day that when it's hot in the summer and I'm using ac in the car, there will be less waste given I'm not having to open the window to smoke. Minor, but I'm sure it adds up over the years.

Second main one for me is the trip to the store for smokes, but you end up getting a coffee, gum, maybe a chocolate bar or something. With no extra need besides gas to stop at a gas station, the spur of the moment spending goes down!

Demarko

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.twinrosesoftware.com
Clothes is a big one.. I have at least a dozen pairs of pants, nevermind hoodies and t-shirts with burn holes in them that I no longer wear except around the house.

Also, "bumming" people smokes. WHenever I went out, I'd always end up giving out a bunch to people. Epsecially at parties. Even non smokers would get drunk and want one! (That always kinda annoyed me, to be honest. Especially if I was running low). Had a co-worker once that NEVER had his own except the first couple of days after payday.

As I break out my warm weather clothes, this year, I notice that they don't need to be washed again from when I put them away at the end of warm weather last year - so I guess laundry supplies.

As a side note, I started carrying a lighter around with me again. They come in too damn handy and it sucks trying to find one when you need one! (Burning off a loose string on your shirt, need to see something in the dark..)

GitMoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Illy Philly
Money saved on extras at the gas station is a good one that Ive also noticed. I only shop at our local mega-chain gas station/convenience store (Wawa). My monthly spending there used to be $400-500/month. That was gas, cigs, food, and any extras. Since I quit smoking I NEVER go inside and I only buy gas. My monthly spending there has gone down to $100. Less eating on the run. Less grabbing those $4 cans of Monster. Less money wasted all around.

I drive a micro-van (Mazda5) and used to keep my car seats all folded down and covered by a large blanket except the driver seat and passenger seat to protect my interior from burns. Now I can finally leave the seats up and my car looks normal. I also don't have to flip the seats up and down every time I have more than one passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread