Up, Down, or Sideways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
OK, so when NOT vaping, what's the best way to orient my 510 when I put it down? Horizontal (flat on a table, say) or Vertical (like in a shirt pocket)?

Asking because I sort of figured that if the cart was full, putting it in a glass (like a pen holder cup) cart up (batt down) might flood the atty, then get a mouthful of juice when I pick it up again. However, this might be helpful if the cart was near empty, as it would drain out of the cart and into the atty, to get those last few drops!

Conversely, the opposite, (full cart, batt up) might starve the atty if not used for a while, and force priming?

Not sure if that all makes sense, but I am a noob (less than a week vaping), but I have gotten more than one mouthful of juice!

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
a shot glass. what a good idea. I would think (cause my PV is floating around in the mail) that the cartridge would be the most difficult part to maintain, you basically have a little glass of water in there and setting a glass of water on its side would make it spill right? Also I just watched a review where the guy said the cart leaked if he left it horizontal on a surface for awhile. I just couldn't think of a way to set my ecig up strait (bat up cart down) without accomplishing a balancing act (used to do this with pens but they always fall over). A shot glass would be great for this though so thanks for the suggestion.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
LOL!.....Oh god I've created a monster! Just suck on the d^&n thing! (I predict by summertime there's gonna be more of us sitting around the bonfire playing guitar and vaping than smoking!)

Buddy, you have no idea... I got it bad, and I got it good! Lookin' at mods, 5 volt stuff, etc! BTW, I got some of the Blue Foam to play with, if you want some, lemme know, got more than I need!

Also, maybe gotta get some auto batts to use hands free while playing music, huh?

Thanks again, Canute!

Pyrolord

Nov 27, 2009
Ohio
a shot glass. what a good idea. I would think (cause my PV is floating around in the mail) that the cartridge would be the most difficult part to maintain, you basically have a little glass of water in there and setting a glass of water on its side would make it spill right? Also I just watched a review where the guy said the cart leaked if he left it horizontal on a surface for awhile. I just couldn't think of a way to set my ecig up strait (bat up cart down) without accomplishing a balancing act (used to do this with pens but they always fall over). A shot glass would be great for this though so thanks for the suggestion.

That's why I got an ecig that comes with a PCC. I can always store mine cart down with no worries of destroying my auto battery. Also for the convenience of taking it with me in my pocket and not worrying about leaks or breaking the ecig and carrying extra carts, battery and having a charger with me. If you never leave home I could see just using whatever like a cup or pencil holder though.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
i usually leave mine just hanging out of my mouth :D

I agree, just don't put it down and you have no problems (other than running out of juice) :)

Seriously though, auto vs manual makes a difference to me on this. I store my Blu cart down, bat up because it's auto and I run into problems when storing with the cart up. My Chuck I usually store sitting upright on the table, cart up, but it is sealed, so the worst I get is a little juice leaking into the drip catcher, but other than that, no issues.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
OK, so when NOT vaping, what's the best way to orient my 510 when I put it down? Horizontal (flat on a table, say) or Vertical (like in a shirt pocket)?

Asking because I sort of figured that if the cart was full, putting it in a glass (like a pen holder cup) cart up (batt down) might flood the atty, then get a mouthful of juice when I pick it up again. However, this might be helpful if the cart was near empty, as it would drain out of the cart and into the atty, to get those last few drops!

Conversely, the opposite, (full cart, batt up) might starve the atty if not used for a while, and force priming?

Not sure if that all makes sense, but I am a noob (less than a week vaping), but I have gotten more than one mouthful of juice!

It doesn't really matter, because when it is cold that juice does not flow much at all in the filler. It flows more when it is warm and in use. In order to get residual juice in the filler to get to a "starved" atty after vaping a while, many use the "thermometer shake" holding it like a thermometer with batt (mercury bulb) down, and flicking the wrist, like when you wanted to get mercury level down in a thermometer. That will generally give you a few more good drags before you need to top off. But in general with a 510 it doesn't make a difference.

OTOH, if the atty is getting a little clogged and gurgly you can vape it with the batt end up a bit past horizontal, and the juice will flow towards your mouth and out of the atty holes.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
That's why I got an ecig that comes with a PCC. I can always store mine cart down with no worries of destroying my auto battery. Also for the convenience of taking it with me in my pocket and not worrying about leaks or breaking the ecig and carrying extra carts, battery and having a charger with me. If you never leave home I could see just using whatever like a cup or pencil holder though.

I have a M602, the PCC for it won't be out till mid December, but thats the main reason I got this model so it better be good.

:confused: I want my powerpal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread