Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
The short of it is - we ran the 50ALL 50% off sale for a week and we are 10 days behind -- so we will be working over time to get as many orders as we can out before Thanksgiving. Make sure you are signed up for the newsletter and you will get a special Turkey Day Treat. [emoji12]

Lots of people have been asking "Why" -- so I will leave it here. The time is right -- there's a constellation of issues I have to consider.

I don't know where to begin.

Katy. You all know she basically ran Nicoticket. When Katy left for a great job in the legal field it was a devastating loss for Nicoticket. Then, a couple weeks ago I lost Josh -- my wholesale guy, to a great job in the IT field (more the direction he wants to go). He was a tough loss because he was the person on the team that understood our inventory system. Beau is loyal -- he is what's left of the people who really made up the business side of Nicoticket. I am fortunate that Beau is sticking with me this long as he is because all of the above left for one reason, really -- there's no future in the vape industry.

My bottler (look on any bottle) is going out of business. I was their primary source of income and they needed 5 of me to make it viable.

I look at the last 40,000 bottles and get nostalgic -- I've eat, slept, and breathed (literally) Nicoticket for the last 3+ years. I've experienced a wide range of feelings about closing -- everything from anger (regarding the FDA in particular), to nights and nights of praying about what the right thing to do, was. After 100s of thousands of bottles I think we held up our end of the basic business bargain -- we provided value and created a vibrant community that will never die. I'm proud of the work we did -- I am especially proud that you'd have to dig really deep into the internet to find a "customer service issue" that wasn't addressed or in some way rectified. Every broken bottle. Every missing package [emoji403] (thank you USPS, even if you did lose a few) We did out best to make up for all of that and more -- every email we received when this bottle or that didn't live up to expectations-- helping everyone from total noobs to hardcore competition Vapers and everything in between -- we did it proper and we managed not to kill anyone faster than a cigarette.

I started Nicoticket when I was just out of Bellevue University with a Masters Degree in Clinical Counseling -- Nicoticket took off so fast I barely got the opportunity to use my degree -- truthfully, looking forward to working with people that have hardcore issues with substance abuse and dependence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I was a case manager at a drug and alcohol rehab for several years, it's not easy work but can certainly be rewarding. Every once in awhile I'll run into someone who was a patient and there's nothing like seeing them successful and having them tell you what you were doing made a difference. I know you will touch many people there as well :thumb:

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Would it be too expensive or difficult to try to sell Nicoticket? The whole company (granted, with new personnel, to carry on the areas of the people who left). I keep thinking that the FDA isn't going to shut vaping down. They will want to tax whatever they can, but I'm pretty sure vaping as we know it today will survive. It will "just" be heavily taxed. I can't guarantee that, but it's what I believe.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Would it be too expensive or difficult to try to sell Nicoticket? The whole company (granted, with new personnel, to carry on the areas of the people who left). I keep thinking that the FDA isn't going to shut vaping down. They will want to tax whatever they can, but I'm pretty sure vaping as we know it today will survive. It will "just" be heavily taxed. I can't guarantee that, but it's what I believe.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I disagree - all signs point to 99% of the industry being gone by August of 2018. Some will push through to the bitter end I am sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
First, I want to thank you for the great juice you've provided. I loved all the flavors I ever bought from you and anyone I got to switch to ecigs, I sent them your way.

Good juice + good price + good people = awesome. You all will be much missed :(

But second, I think it's great that you're going back to counseling, esp dealing with substance abuse and dependence. Years ago, I lived with/was engaged to a guy who was an addict. He tried to kick it all, many times over the years but he never really got the "help" he needed (counseling to address the underlying issues). He died several years ago, way way too young. Knowing there are thousands and thousands just like him out there now, needing that help... well, Godspeed to you, sir :wub:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Clark, I'm teary-eyed reading your post. I can't tell you what NT has meant to me! Your juice is the only one I continually fall back on! Your CS is the absolute best have loved talking to you guys here on ECF!

While I understand exactly where you're coming from and why you decided to do what it is you're doing it just blows my mind that NT is going away!

If there was one thing I can count on during my Vaping journey it's the rock that is NT! I always knew when I had some CLS or Radioactive in my Reo it would be a good day! You truly have kept me as well as countless others off cigs! Don't ever forget that! You saved people's lives!

Just know we love you and the entire NT crew and we always will! You guys are amazing and I'll never forget how you've help me through the years!

I need to stop typing, I'm getting a bit upset! LOL!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Ckquatt said it all beautifully!
Clark, you will do great in the new phase of your life and many will benefit from your guidance just like many of us have here!
NT got me off cigs and because of NT I will stay cig free!
You and I will both be starting new phases in our lives! Retirement for me in June and guidance counseling for you! Both will be a little bit scary but wonderful!
But when that last bottle ships out, know that we love ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread