• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Updates on The Juice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Battery advisory! I bot 3 batteries for my juicebox and 2 of them have failed(open circuited) in the last 2 days.Now I'm suddenly down to only 1 and naturally I'm quite worried about it.I got them from battery junction and believe they are closed due to a fire. Please correct me if they are still up and running. Anyway these are maybe some that you want to avoid.they are:UltraFire XSL 18650 2600mAh 3.7V.Red in color

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
Anyway these are maybe some that you want to avoid.they are:UltraFire XSL 18650 2600mAh 3.7V.Red in color

Oh great...I have 3 of those also. Mine are a dark pink color. I also have true red ones, but they are BRC 18650 3000 mAh 3.7 V

I bought the dark pink ones specifically for the JB after I read somewhere a long while back that they performed better in it than the 3000 mAh did.

I got the red ones with my Chuck and haven't had a problem.

My dark pink ones say " Rechargeable battery with re/discharging protection circuit ". You said yours are open circuit...? Is that different from what I have?? I also got mine at Battery Junction. As far as everything else goes, my dark pink batteries say the exact same thing yours do.

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Oh great...I have 3 of those also. Mine are a dark pink color. I also have true red ones, but they are BRC 18650 3000 mAh 3.7 V

I bought the dark pink ones specifically for the JB after I read somewhere a long while back that they performed better in it than the 3000 mAh did.

I got the red ones with my Chuck and haven't had a problem.

My dark pink ones say " Rechargeable battery with re/discharging protection circuit ". You said yours are open circuit...? Is that different from what I have?? I also got mine at Battery Junction. As far as everything else goes, my dark pink batteries say the exact same thing yours do.

By open circuit I mean the circuit (what's inside the battery) is broken somewhere.I'm going to guess the little PCB is probably bad,and not the actual battery parts.A volt meter reads 0,an Ohm meter reads infinity and the charger does nothing when one of these open batteries is placed in it.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
...seems it could 'just' be a particular bad batch, since many others over the past few months have mentioned buying the 2400 and 2600 mAh 18650s for their JB, with no follow-up warnings or bad reports that I know of...

Don't recall a specific gray vs. red issue coming up in these parts either, as far as actual bad/faulty batts, not just actual performance speculation between the mAhs. But yeah haven't read or continued to read all re the 18650, nor candlepower in regard to that one.

yes there is times those circuits do fail... & have read lots on them. generally bad batches. Some have repaired & or rebuilt

aw batteries are more true to there ratings.
while the others I will call lower end. Are not true ratings.
depending on the loads. I should take some time and get the info i'm talking about.
some day hehe LOL...

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
"Updates for Mar. 12 and 13th!

The following orders will be shipped out Saturday the 13th:

No more updates until Monday but we should see a large update on Monday As Carlos will be working through the weekend to get us caught up somewhere in the 400's (*fingers crossed*)"

Holy crap, could Monday be the day for order #281?

Last edited:

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia

No more updates until Monday but we should see a large update on Monday As Carlos will be working through the weekend to get us caught up somewhere in the 400's (*fingers crossed*)"

Holy crap, could Monday be the day for order #281? I've tried everything but offer to go down on Carlos for this day to come...:shock:

WHOO HOO!! Looks like I squeaked in just under the wire. :w00t: No email notification as of yet, though. 8-o

stoop411

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Tallahassee, Florida
Man, im order 464 ordered on Jan 28th. Havent complained much at all, but getting a little annoyed got an email reply back last week that I should be getting it this past week. But read this morning he is only shipping out orders from the 200's still. Understand its gonna be awhile and have just let it go with out saying anything, but straight out being lied to just sucks.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Man, im order 464 ordered on Jan 28th. Havent complained much at all, but getting a little annoyed got an email reply back last week that I should be getting it this past week. But read this morning he is only shipping out orders from the 200's still. Understand its gonna be awhile and have just let it go with out saying anything, but straight out being lied to just sucks.

I know its frustrating but the wait time when I ordered was 6-7 weeks I think. As of today im at 7.5 weeks waiting (1/17 order) so as long as mine goes out in the next group i don't really have any real justification to complain yet. except for the pre new years orders the 6-7 week wait is pretty dead on it seems. although 7.5 weeks certainly feels like 7.5 months. I ordered my V2 the day before the JB and I feel like i've had it forever

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009

I have a longer wait than you and am 2nd to last...

So goes the saying that, in life, nothing is certain but death and taxes.

keep the faith - I am certain that, according to Porphy...they are working hard.

Just reached my 100th post!

:)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt

A good definition of a lie is "a communication made with the intention to deceive". Meaning that when carlos contacted you with the other shipping date a) he knew that he wouldn't be able to ship to to you by then, and b) wanted you to believe he would.

I think at most, it is poor communication at work. stuff happens, and deadlines can be missed due to real life events. I'm a GG fan, and a guy there routinely gives-let's just say overly optimistic-estimates of when a new project he's talking about will be ready and shipped. People on that board don't give him a lot of crap about it, mostly because he's excellent at maintaining communication there and keeping his customers and fans informed.

Like a whole lot of folks, I'm impatient, petulant and a little demanding. I'm annoyed at the wait, even though I knew I had signed up for it when I ordered. I find the miscommunications and non-communications almost insulting. But I am not to the point of calling either Carlos or Porphy a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)

Holy crap, could Monday be the day for order #281? ...:shock:
All I have to say to that is..
EEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
You betcha. Read everything he ever published with the exception of a few obscure titles that I've still got ears to the ground for.

T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L! and get your first shot off quick; it'll distract them long enough to make the second one count. :D

Wachu lookin for.? Chances are I have it :>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread