Upgrading my 510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other batteries I can upgrade to that use 1.7- 2.5 ohm cartomizers? I have extra chargers and cartomizers but I'm frustrated with my 510's.

What other batteries can use these cartomizers/ chargers, if any? Thanks!
(Please include specifications, name of battery, what mAh I'd need, etc.)

Last edited:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
An ego twist would use those cartos/clearos/attys. You can set the voltage on the ego twist between 3.3 and 4.8 volts. Your 510 stick batteries are probably about 3.6-3.7 volts. For the higher ohm things you can turn the Twist up a bit to get better performance.

You would get a much longer battery life with an ego, but the size is a bit larger (more like a cigar). They come in a few different MaH, 650 up to 1100 (I think). The 650 would last you probably 4 times as long as a 510 stick battery, and even more with the larger MaH.

You can find Twist batteries in the low $20s at a lot of vendors. Make sure you get a charger, as it requires a different charger than what you are using now.

Even though I have a couple of larger and more advanced PVs, I still use my ego twists every day. They are reliable and the size is nice and portable.

Hope that helps.

rekonball

Jan 5, 2013
S.L.C. Ut.
If you are disapointed with your gear maybe you should try a vamo. I used to own a simple ego battery butthey both broke within a month from purchase. I was so angry esspecially when I saw prices for an exchangable battery setup. I wish I never bought those cheap ego batts. I you want it cheap try fasttech.com they are really inexpensive.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
No - you'll need an Ego charger with the Ego batteries. You can use the cartos though - and any other attachment for juice you'd care to try out (that's 510 or EGO connector).

Actually, I think a 510 charger MIGHT charge an EGO battery - but it would take a REALLY LONG TIME, and it's not recommended.
Mark the chargers - they look identical! And if you screw a 510 battery onto the Ego charger, you'll destroy it!!

Great, thanks for the advice!

So there aren't any models that work with the 510 chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread