Status
Not open for further replies.

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
Hi everybody!

Its been forever since I visited the forum, that I eventually used to quit smoking about 6 years ago! Thank you all for the amount of data available on this site, it has grown so much, and I'm excited to be posting this question here for all to read. With that said I know my way around the site and I have been searching for the right answer to this question but have been unsuccessful in finding a similar thread. So like everyone else that doesn't know, they ask. I'm a big believer in the rule that there are no stupid questions, just lazy ppl that do not use the search bar at the top of the forum before asking questions.

A little about my vaping history/preference. I have been vaping since early 2009 and have graduated as much with the available technology that has developed throughout the years. Pride in not smoking has motivated me to invest in vaping all these years! I've spent countless dollars on mods, tanks, and juices, time spent looking up all the latest and greatest and then purchasing said latest and greatest. Yay!

Up till now, I was pretty much locked into the mid level sub-ohm (no less than ~.5 ohms to about 1.0 ohm) style of vaping. I didn't feel like going lower in ohms would help me, and the setups I own are really awesome at this range. The only thing that I miss was the throat hit I got from high level nic which is why I'm posting this message. Also, I was filling my house with vapor everywhere I went and honestly I didn't think it was respectful for my family - who aren't smokers/vapers to have to walk through one of my exhales every time they approached me. So I decided to go back to high nic/low vapor production vaping. Yay! I don't mind it at all, I vape way less (way less) frequently than I was with the sub-ohm settings. I no longer have a hand dedicated to vaping all the time, and I still get the satisfaction of vaping and not smoking, which at the end of the day is really why I vape. I feel a lot less conscience about vaping around my friends and family because as it happens a lot of places I visit and people I talk to aren't smoke/vape friendly.

So on to the real question at hand. Like the topic reads I want to add nicotine to this enormous amount of low nic juice I've gotten from purchasing and attending meets and mom and pop stores and expos and etc..

I feel like I've spent too much money to just let those full bottles get away from me. I'm talking I have accumulated somewhere between 75+ bottles of juice I intended on vaping. Plus I really do like the flavors I just can't find them at the high nic level I want. I was thinking something really high like when I first started with the cig a like devices (36mg+) so I just take a hit here and there and move on with my life. I became so interested in the latest and greatest trends in the now booming industry that I forgot what not sucking on my sub-ohm tank non stop for hours at a time feels like. I know now after going back to a 24mg juices feels like and I think high nic juice can do for me in a matter of one or two puffs what an hour of vaping sub ohm has done for me.

So I ask. Can someone please DM me or post here what I should try to do to get these many, many bottles of low nic deliciousness up to a high nic level standard without loosing flavor? I think that I will loose some flavor by mixing in some pre-made vg/pg nic juice into them, so I thought to get some straight nic concentrate to throw in there, but then I also thought - wait this stuff is very toxic, before I even purchase some let me ask around. I don't have many friends who have been vaping as long as I have and I feel vape shops aren't very interested in talking technical nic mixology with me since they all carry pre-made premiums (plus I'm sure I can run circles around the clerks with the years of knowledge I have about the industry when it comes down to different styles of vaping).

Can anyone suggest best practice for this scenario? I just want my low nic juices to still taste good after I add some more nic to them. Whatever is the easiest way to do this, someone who knows more about mixing nic with juices may have the answer I need.

Either way, happy labor day weekend to all and I hope everyone is happy with their vaping preferences and are well on their way to enjoying life cigarette free!

Thank you,
Hmm

Reactions: Cognator
Hi everybody!

Its been forever since I visited the forum, that I eventually used to quit smoking about 6 years ago! Thank you all for the amount of data available on this site, it has grown so much, and I'm excited to be posting this question here for all to read. With that said I know my way around the site and I have been searching for the right answer to this question but have been unsuccessful in finding a similar thread. So like everyone else that doesn't know, they ask. I'm a big believer in the rule that there are no stupid questions, just lazy ppl that do not use the search bar at the top of the forum before asking questions.

A little about my vaping history/preference. I have been vaping since early 2009 and have graduated as much with the available technology that has developed throughout the years. Pride in not smoking has motivated me to invest in vaping all these years! I've spent countless dollars on mods, tanks, and juices, time spent looking up all the latest and greatest and then purchasing said latest and greatest. Yay!

Up till now, I was pretty much locked into the mid level sub-ohm (no less than ~.5 ohms to about 1.0 ohm) style of vaping. I didn't feel like going lower in ohms would help me, and the setups I own are really awesome at this range. The only thing that I miss was the throat hit I got from high level nic which is why I'm posting this message. Also, I was filling my house with vapor everywhere I went and honestly I didn't think it was respectful for my family - who aren't smokers/vapers to have to walk through one of my exhales every time they approached me. So I decided to go back to high nic/low vapor production vaping. Yay! I don't mind it at all, I vape way less (way less) frequently than I was with the sub-ohm settings. I no longer have a hand dedicated to vaping all the time, and I still get the satisfaction of vaping and not smoking, which at the end of the day is really why I vape. I feel a lot less conscience about vaping around my friends and family because as it happens a lot of places I visit and people I talk to aren't smoke/vape friendly.

So on to the real question at hand. Like the topic reads I want to add nicotine to this enormous amount of low nic juice I've gotten from purchasing and attending meets and mom and pop stores and expos and etc..

I feel like I've spent too much money to just let those full bottles get away from me. I'm talking I have accumulated somewhere between 75+ bottles of juice I intended on vaping. Plus I really do like the flavors I just can't find them at the high nic level I want. I was thinking something really high like when I first started with the cig a like devices (36mg+) so I just take a hit here and there and move on with my life. I became so interested in the latest and greatest trends in the now booming industry that I forgot what not sucking on my sub-ohm tank non stop for hours at a time feels like. I know now after going back to a 24mg juices feels like and I think high nic juice can do for me in a matter of one or two puffs what an hour of vaping sub ohm has done for me.

So I ask. Can someone please DM me or post here what I should try to do to get these many, many bottles of low nic deliciousness up to a high nic level standard without loosing flavor? I think that I will loose some flavor by mixing in some pre-made vg/pg nic juice into them, so I thought to get some straight nic concentrate to throw in there, but then I also thought - wait this stuff is very toxic, before I even purchase some let me ask around. I don't have many friends who have been vaping as long as I have and I feel vape shops aren't very interested in talking technical nic mixology with me since they all carry pre-made premiums (plus I'm sure I can run circles around the clerks with the years of knowledge I have about the industry when it comes down to different styles of vaping).

Can anyone suggest best practice for this scenario? I just want my low nic juices to still taste good after I add some more nic to them. Whatever is the easiest way to do this, someone who knows more about mixing nic with juices may have the answer I need.

Either way, happy labor day weekend to all and I hope everyone is happy with their vaping preferences and are well on their way to enjoying life cigarette free!

Thank you,
Hmm
Well welcome back to these forums..!! I understand your situation completely here, but I am a total noob when it comes to "mixology". However, I once tried to mix a couple of name brand e-juices together both being of higher and lower nicotine levels. Mistake! I ended up with the worst e-juice on the face of this planet trying a stunt like that. @AXIOM_1 is the best mixologist that I personally know. Fellow forum member and my younger brother. If @AXIOM_1 happens to see this post, I am 100% positive that he can steer you in the right direction. You will figure this out, I am quite certain > :w00t:

Reactions: hmm

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
Well welcome back to these forums..!! I understand your situation completely here, but I am a total noob when it comes to "mixology". However, I once tried to mix a couple of name brand e-juices together both being of higher and lower nicotine levels. Mistake! I ended up with the worst e-juice on the face of this planet trying a stunt like that. @AXIOM_1 is the best mixologist that I personally know. Fellow forum member and my younger brother. If @AXIOM_1 happens to see this post, I am 100% positive that he can steer you in the right direction. You will figure this out, I am quite certain > :w00t:

Thanks Cognator!

You tagged him so if he gets the alert, lets see if your bro has any suggestions for me. I really appreciate you putting him out there for me.

Reactions: Cognator

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
NOTE: Per forum rules, we can't discuss any nicotine solution stronger than 20% (200 mg/mL) here. Even that may be inconvenient to get, requiring proof of wholesaler status or at least a signed responsibility statement and liability waiver.

That said, it's a straightforward math problem.

You didn't say what strength you're starting from, but I'll use 3 mg/mL in this example, aiming to achieve 24 mg/mL strength.
A 30mL bottle will therefore contain 90mg of nicotine to start with.
Mixing with a commonly-used 10% (100 mg/mL) nicotine solution, you'll add 8mL of solution to boost nicotine by 800mg.
You'll then have 890mg of nictotine in 38mL of mix; divide to calculate nicotine strength at 23.4 mg/mL.
You will also have diluted your flavoring level by about 26%.

If you use 20% nicotine solution instead, you'll need add only 4mL to your 30mL starting bottle, thereby reducing flavor dilution to only ~13%.

Hopefully, you can use this example and plug in whatever the actual value of your starting liquid's strength is....

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
Thank you @man00ver I have some 0 and 3-6 liquids. And yes lets abide to the forum rules of nic discussion.

You confirmed my thoughts on using the pre mixed nic solution that I will loose some taste, so what are peoples thoughts about buying straight nic (not mixed with pg/vg) to mix into the eliquids with? I'd rather not change the way the liquid is made so I can enjoy its flavor as intended. Just want to add more nic so I can get some throat hit. Does anyone know the math there?

Thank you!

Thanks Cognator!

You tagged him so if he gets the alert, lets see if your bro has any suggestions for me. I really appreciate you putting him out there for me.
My brother was the very person that got me into vaping, made gear suggestions and brought me to these forums. You are welcome and I am sure he will see this post :thumbs:

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@hmm - My thoughts are that I would try to have that professionally done if it's what I really wanted. I wouldn't want that in my house, let alone try to handle it or even unseal it. Sorry to be less than perfectly helpful, but rules are rules, and we really can't discuss this in any detail.

Reactions: hmm

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Most of the nic vendors have at least some options for the blend, i.e. 100% PG, or %100 VG, and sometimes a mix.

Since the PG carries more flavor than VG, getting the nic in PG might be best for your needs. You'll not be adding huge amounts, so it may not dilute the flavor much at all. And less if the nic is in only PG, imo.

I use 100 mg nic all the time. While good safety practices are important, it's not like a drop on your hand is going to be an instant reaction. Just wash it off in running water. (I do all my mixing at the kitchen sink.) Wear rubber gloves if you are more comfortable with that. Dedicated equipment for mixing is also a good idea. Don't use the measuring cup you're using for food prep! (Of course you'll be washing all the gear, but.... )

Of more concern might be a splash into an eye, so eye protection from that is a good idea. Although the chances of such a splash are remote, not something to take risks with!

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
Thanks again @man00ver - you definitely helped confirm one of my observations. I am interested in what mixologists have to say about the use of straight nic. Yes the 36mg was above the note you mentioned so we will keep it within guidelines, but I'm still interested in educating myself on the mixing of straight nic with the premium juices I have. We can definitely keep this within the forums rules and guidelines.

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
Most of the nic vendors have at least some options for the blend, i.e. 100% PG, or %100 VG, and sometimes a mix.

Since the PG carries more flavor than VG, getting the nic in PG might be best for your needs. You'll not be adding huge amounts, so it may not dilute the flavor much at all. And less if the nic is in only PG, imo.

I use 100 mg nic all the time. While good safety practices are important, it's not like a drop on your hand is going to be an instant reaction. Just wash it off in running water. (I do all my mixing at the kitchen sink.) Wear rubber gloves if you are more comfortable with that. Dedicated equipment for mixing is also a good idea. Don't use the measuring cup you're using for food prep! (Of course you'll be washing all the gear, but.... )

Of more concern might be a splash into an eye, so eye protection from that is a good idea. Although the chances of such a splash are remote, not something to take risks with!

David0ck,
Cool I wanted to get some 100mg initially but after the note man00ver left the best way with using premixed mic would be to use a higher concentrated premixed formula to avoid flavor reduction as much as possible.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hmmm, hmm, that's what's been discussed, just some variety on the strength of said straight nic.

And do remember, the stronger it is, the more hazardous it is...

I'd suggest getting a smallish amount of, say, 100, and give it a try. You may not notice much "dilution" of the flavor.

Here's one source for smaller quantities, also a good outfit to deal with...

100mg Unflavored Nicotine Base - ecigExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread