Urgent help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

James12JL

Jan 15, 2017
Hello guys ,Im new to this site ,Im just here to ask ,7 months ago I got a new coil for my IJust 2 mod ,and stupidly of me I didnt realize I bought a nickel coil for it with is for TC devices only ,I put it in ,and starting vaping it ,it suddenly stopped (i dont know if its some safety feature for overheating) I immediately took it out and started to feel a bit ill ,I dont know if It was because I was worrying if something bad will happen ,I started to feel pretty depressed afterwards and not being able to think straight ,I decided to take nickel chelation tablets ,to see if that would help (I had no idea what was happening with me so I was trying loads of stuff) It did make me feel better but I dont know if that was because I was thinking it was making it better ...I got diagnosed with very bad depression ,where I cannot feel any emotions whatsoever and cant think at all ,It was got better but not entirely ,I am just wondering could've this been the reason for all this? Like vaping the nickel ,I only vaped the nickel maybe 4-5 puffs ,And I did visit the docotrs and had scans and my lungs were perfect ,I do tend to overreact over stuff but thats just because I care about my health ..

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Though I am not a doctor, it seems illogical to me that 4 or 5 puffs on an overheated nickel coil could produce chronic major depression. I also don't recall reading any similar reports by other users. Maybe with more information we could discuss how or if your depression might relate to vaping in general, but in my opinion an isolated incident like that would be an extremely unlikely cause.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ive had my bloods done already ,and everything was normal :rolleyes: weirdly enough ,and I had a special blood test to my lungs too and everything was normal ,i just dont understand

Well, if you had all those tests and they were normal, you should discuss it with your doctor, although I'm confused on what you don't understand. Medical and emotional illnesses can develop can occur a particular event, and the two issues can be unrelated. Reassurance from the folks providing your healthcare is far more valuable and accurate than anyone can provide on a forum. Do you even know if those tests were for nickel? Did your doctor know about it at the time? That's your best place to start.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
First, Welcome to ECF. You have come to the right place.

I agree with others that can't see taking 4 or 5 puffs being the cause of your symptoms and since you have talked to your doctor about it I can only assume that your mind is playing tricks on you. It can convince you of all kinds of things but hopefully you will spend a lot of time here on the forum reading all the success stories and it will help put your mind to rest.

I have walked this earth for a very long time and during all that time I have learned to tell my mind to just shut up and leave me alone. If you allow it to get out of hand you can convince yourself of just about anything you can think. Try to think positive thoughts instead of negative whenever possible and you will find yourself a much happier person.

Were you a smoker before you started vaping? I am curious as to why you felt like you were gonna be in deep **** cause of it when you started vaping.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
There isn't enough nickel in 4-5 puffs to cause acute toxicity, and it was more likely than not an anxiety attack that triggered your symptoms. I wonder if you have an allergy to nickel. There are other ingredients in cigarettes that can trigger a malady of symptoms once your body begins the withdrawal process. Acetaldehyde, another chemical found in tobacco smoke, dramatically increases the reinforcing properties of nicotine and may also contribute to tobacco addiction, and fear of loss of this addiction can also trigger your symptoms of depression.

Dopamine, the feel good precursor to epinephrine, is markedly elevated in smokers due to chemicals in cigarettes causing the decrease of monoamine oxidase which is an enzyme responsible for breaking down dopamine. Once your dopamine levels start normalzing (after cessation of smoking) you can become depressed.

Be well.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I had the same thought too I had loads of anxiety attacks at the start because I thought I was gonna be in deep **** cause of it so maybe thats why it happened..thanks for the helpfyl response guys I really appreciate it
So what have you been doing since? Are you vaping, smoking, both or neither?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
As long as we are all pretending to be doctors, Ill leave my professional diagnosis:

Psychological.
Overloading your brain with internet BS has clouded your critical thinking and you worked yourself up.

Nickle toxicity and 7 months of depression from a few puffs off a very commonly used nickle coil?
Seriously?
o_O
Thats not a very logical conclusion.

All jokes aside:
Trust your REAL doctor.
Clean up your diet, and excercise a bit.
It wont hurt and will make you feel better overall.
If the depression persists, have your MD recommend a psychologist.
Depression sux (pun intended), and its no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread