ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For Sale/Trade

POSTING IN THE THREAD IS REQUIRED FOR FEEDBACK TO BE ENABLED
Sell or Trade: Selling - Super T ELA mech mod PRICE REDUCED!!!
Super T ELA mechanical mod. In very good condition. Extremely minor cosmetic wear from use. One of the greatest mechs ever made. Flawless machine work and excellent function with very positive mechanical lock to prevent accidental firing. Unique telescopic design will accept 18650 and 18500 batteries using a flare/gland ring to lock length. $15.00 insured USPS shipping to the lower 48. Please contact in advance of purchase for shipping cost to AK & HI. Thanks for looking!
downloadfile.jpeg
downloadfile-1.jpeg
downloadfile-3.jpeg
downloadfile-5.jpeg
downloadfile-21.jpeg
downloadfile-20.jpeg
downloadfile-32.jpeg
downloadfile-16.jpeg

Condition: Good

Known flaws: Extremely minor cosmetic wear.

Image:

Willing to ship to: US

I reside in: US
Other:

Shipping add-ons: $15.00 USPS Priority with tracking and insurance to the lower 48

Price: $325.00

Shipping cost: $15.00 USPS Priority with tracking and insurance to the lower 48

Ships: Immediately

Payments accepted through: PayPal

STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS

Classified Rules

Please subscribe to the Classifieds Blog

Profiteer Report

Last edited:

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Y'all who've never tried a Super-T ELA don't even understand the satisfaction of twist -> rip -> dump -> clunk -> twist changing out a depleted battery for a fully charged spare in about 5 seconds, even when changing from an 18490 to an 18650. But that convenience is not even the best part of this mod. The best part is the rhodium plating on the contacts, and it's the reason you go for the original Super-T rather than a Fasttech clone. The rhodium plating ensures you never need to polish any tarnished brass to wring the maximum voltage out of your batteries. I use the ELA as my daily driver these days. I disassemble and clean it maybe once a year, if that often. This mod is as minimal maintenance as it gets.

A co-worker of mine recently gave me a DNA50 mod, an Aspire Zelos. It's an amusing little gadget. After much experimentation I've got the wattage dialed in for optimum taste down to a tenth of a watt for my style of coil. Be that as it may, vaping on a mech mod like the ELA just tastes better for some reason, sort of the same way audio sounds better through an amp with tubes or a big fat torroidal transformer than through a chip amp. You kids with your new fangled electronic mods and your multiple micro coils and your fancy Japanese cotton, always chasing the dragon, questing for that ever elusive perfect vape, you need a mentor who's been in this game since before corner vape shops; someone who remembers why mods are called mods, why we use 510 connectors, someone who hasn't fallen for the snake oil promises of chunky coils demanding current hemorrhaging wattages that can only be achieved from a kitchen appliance. Get off my lawn!

Ahem! Anyway, yeah, mech mod. Low gauge ribbon kanthal. Two or three turns, single coil, boiled hemp necklace rope, DIY juice. Ramen noodle budget vaping with flavor so intense you'll want to chew and swallow. And if you're in the market for an atty to make this happen, the Achilles 24 would be a good choice (or any older Achilles -- but not clones. The clones aren't as good as the Ukrainian originals). Make this investment, then the cost of vaping for the rest of your life will be negligible, maybe $50 per year. The ELA is a core component of your end game.

Be on the lookout for a Satburn or Schafer switch or some other flat switch replacement though. The original contoured base makes the ELA irritating to stand on a table. @crammit442 You should try to track one down. That would probably make your ELA easier to sell. You might contact this guy and ask whether he has any old stock he'd be willing to part with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread