TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
As someone that uses 'older mods' myself, the market for the high-end mech tubes is dead...I've been watching this since it posted--Great mech, if I had any need to have another tube I'd grab it. Just not at the price offered. Just like GG gear, the hype train has long left the station and crashed 4 years back.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As someone that uses 'older mods' myself, the market for the high-end mech tubes is dead...I've been watching this since it posted--Great mech, if I had any need to have another tube I'd grab it. Just not at the price offered. Just like GG gear, the hype train has long left the station and crashed 4 years back.

It's sad, the end of an era. I'll never understand how a smoker can feel comfortable going from cigarettes, which have a palpable resistance to their draw, to basically a heated asthma inhaler. That's just not a logical jump in my mind. Now there's a DNA 250? Why in the world would anyone feel comfortable putting their mouth around enough power to drive a home theater system? This trend of more power, thicker coils and more of them, bigger and douchier clouds, this desire for something more, something better, something different, is driven by the misfortune of the typical vaper never having tried a proper setup. And proper setups are indeed rare. The bulk of atomizers I see these days feed air not directly over the coil but just cyclonically wherever, relying on a small kiln to supply the vapor. There's no longer any planning given to efficiency. I'm just glad I got into vaping at a time when the gear was more cleverly designed around physics than around electronic brute force power.

giphy.gif

The GGTS was pretty, but was little more than a step up from a modded flashlight using ill-fitting, heavy plumbing. I regard Imeo's battery mods as interesting from a historical standpoint, but I wouldn't want to vape on one as my daily vape these days. I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for one merely on its collectibility.

On the other hand, I regard the Super-T mods as the pinnacle of mech mods. I've toiled over battery contacts with brass polish in the past, and it's not a maintenance task I'm eager to have to repeat. I'm sure my Precise Plus would fire with the same infinitesimal voltage drop now with no cleaning as it did when I stuck it in a drawer 3 or 4 years ago. When I want something light and minimal for stealth vaping, I break out my Simplicity Ti. And with the ELA, the quick battery changes and Honda level tolerances make it the best daily driver mech mod ever made. The market may be dead, but the ELA is still a highly desirable piece of gear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread