Travel and Vaping US-->UK and back

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I was worried, despite the excellent advice on this section of the forum, about this long haul flight but I needn't have wasted my energy being concerned.
I flew US airways out of Charlotte. Put one bottle of almost full 1oz TV juice on the way out (in a baggie with a travel moisturiser and eye drops) and with my li-ion batteries in seperate little baggies, and the eGo battery in ANOTHER bag (lol).
I have a minivapestack mod, but I took that apart and put it in the checked baggage as I already had its battery in my handluggage.
Passed through security/x-ray without a hitch or any questions.
I was so pumped I think I went to about 6 or 7 bathrooms while waiting on the flight, just to vape lol.
I even stealth vaped on the flight, mostly in the bathroom but once or twice under a blanket as it was a night flight and everyone was sleeping (plus I had no-one next to me).
Coming back to the US it was pretty much the same deal, although on that one I did get asked about my minivapestack mod which I had to carry in handluggage as I blew up the ego charger during my trip :facepalm: so I couldn't use it on the way back. The person doing the search on me obviously didn't know what a PV was so referred it, I opened it up to show the first person but the 2nd one,once I told her what it was was just waved a hand at the other person and said 'Its fine just leave it' lol.
So - don't be scared, DO be open and honest, and DO be circumspect in your use of it at airports, and your journey should be way more pleasant than when you smoked!
I'm so glad this part of the forum exists, it was very helpful to me, and I thank the contributors :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread