USB Pass Though Car Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4boyz98

Apr 17, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading up on the forums......wow there is a lot of info lol. I am wanting to buy a USB pass though car adapter so that way my husband can use the PT in his truck (He is a driver) the problem is he has a GPS which uses the cigarette lighter. So I need to find a Car Adapter that will allow him to use the GPS and the passthough at the same time. I have seen one online, but am afraid that with the GPS running it will not be strong enough to use the pass though at the same time.

Does anyone have any experience with these, or a good recommendation of one that will work both at the same time? The battery thing is not working well for him in the truck........and so he has stopped to get analogs a couple times, which isnt good :(

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Riptides

Jan 22, 2010
Near Atlanta
Theoretically what you are asking should work with no problem. The 12volt supply in a vehicle is always 12v and with a splitter there would be no issue with running a GPS, Passthrough, Cellphone charger, etc on the 12v circuit as long as you don't exceed the amperage of the circuit which would cause the fuse to blow at worse.

Remember all these devices run off internal batteries so they just require a maintenance charge that's just a tad bit more than what they use when in operation.

But.. I've seen a youtube video and some comments saying that using a USB car charger and USB pass-through together is hit or miss and I'm very curious as well if anyone else has had any luck using these 2 items together and wonder if it's just a issue with the quality of the devices being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread