USB Passthrough connector with an RDA??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I have this idea in my head and I want to know if it is safe or not.. I want to take a standard variable voltage USB Pass-through connector and put my rda on it. On my rda I have dual 6 wrap coils with 24 gauge Kanthal. My resistance is 0.5 ohms. Would I be able to vape with this idea? . I included a picture of the connector I want. Any suggestions/help is very much appreciated! ------------> 1353300-1.jpg

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
It wont power that. I've got a few of them.... tend to use them while I'm at the pc or on hours long drives. They really only work like ego batteries, so 1.5 Ohm is about the lowest you can go. That said, they work great with Kayfuns and even Protanks. You also have to use a 2 Amp USB power block to power them (USB to cig lighter or wall outlet).

Edit: Also, the cord coming out of the end tends to pull out over time/use. This can be fixed and prevented from happening again if you take it apart, desolder OR cut the wire and tie a knot in the wire. Resolder and reassemble. Since doing this, I've been using it 2 month with no problems :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread