USB WALL Chargers and USB CAR Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybearizzi

Feb 5, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't like carrying alot or different kinds of adapters around but I am a bit cautious when charging my PVs. I have a Go-Go and a KR808 and I use the same adapter that it came with it to charge when I plug into a wall/car charger. What I am worried about is the Output Current that comes out of the Wall/Car Charger. I know that Most USB Output Voltages is standard 5V, but I was worried about the Output Current.

My Go-Go wall charger Output is at 500mA and my KR808 wall charger is at 1000mA.

I have a wall charger and a car charger that has two USB slots, One 2000mA (I use for my Ipad) and other slot 1000mA (for whatever devices). Since my Go-Go wall charger output current is at .5A, Is it bad to charge my Go-Go on anything higher say (1A or 2A)?

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Its fine ... the charger itself (what you screw your battery into) will have some sort of current rating on it, which is what it will limit the charge current to regardless of how much current the usb adapter is capable of delivering. Ideally the power source (usb adapter) should meet or exceed the demand of the load (charger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread