The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

USCG retiring this Thursday!

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by TheBummer, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheBummer

TheBummer Full Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Lancaster County, PA
    Greetings to all! I'm a newbie to ECF, and very pleased to see an Armed Services Forum here. I'm wrapping up a 20yr career this week, and am running the gauntlet of emotions about the transition...from sheer joy to "whiskey tango foxtrot have I just done"!!!!!
    See you all on the threads...
    -D
    Soon to be formerly known as "Chief"!

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I retired over 14 years ago. And while there are the rare days that I do miss it, I certainly enjoy being retired more. :D

3. vrodder

vrodder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Welcome to ECF. Almost 18 years retired. Never did miss it. Tho, I do work as a DA civilian doing some of the stuff I did while in. Enjoy that monthly check. :D As I was told when I "RETIRED", 'Your not Retiring, your changing careers.' Also, continue being proud of what you did for our great country for the past 20 years.

4. Underdawg736

Underdawg736 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2013
    Lancaster, Pa
    Welcome to ECF fellow Vet from LANCO (City here)! I did 14 years in the Army, both active and reserve so a big thanks for your service!
    I was Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot when I was all said and done but it does get a bit easier as time goes on, however some things will never change.......Chief.

5. Borescoped

Borescoped Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    Minot, ND
    Hail, and welcome to it! Congratulations on making it to retirement after 20 years in the USCG... AND quitting smoking! If you've got questions, you came to the right place (I know this for a fact, as I ask a few here on ECF myself!).

I envy you sir.... 4.5 more to go....

6. fccwpe

fccwpe Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2013
    Rosamond, CA
    Congrats! I retired from the Navy in '04 as a Chief. Best 20 years of my life. Saw the world, learned 2 new languages, lived in Europe 6 years. What a ride!

Once a Chief, always a Chief.

7. ingerri

ingerri Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    welcome, congrats, and thank you for your service :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.