use cartos on 901 without adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeparker54

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
MI
Well, I just got some cartomizers in from vapernine today. I only have 901 batteries but wanted to try them out. I started reading about how I could put the two together and get proper airflow. Without making/buying an adapter, the only way I was able to find here on the forums was to modify the battery. Nuts to that, I said. Instead, I modified the cartomizer. It only took me a minute to do and now I don't have to worry about affecting how my batteries work with my regular 901 attys. Tools used include: 1/32" drill bit, chuck adapter, drill (dremel would be faster), small pick, and a razor. You can guess what the drill, bit and chuck adapter were used for, but the pick and razor were used for cleaning gunk off threads ( it was on every carto, though not sure why). Here's some pics (sorry they're so dark - it was either that or nothing but flash reflection)
35apvdg.jpg

acbfq1.jpg

2lny4k8.jpg

as you may be able to see by the above picture, all I did was drill at an angle from the inside bottom corner. While some of you may be content with taking a dremel to your batteries, I feel more comfortable modifying a $2 cartomizer than a $10 battery. I could have the entire 5 pack done in less than 10 minutes. As you drill be sure to stop to tap/blow shavings out to prevent from going down into atty.

This may have been done before and discussed here, but the ECF search blows hard and a site specific google search didn't turn anything up right away.

Now that I did this, I'm kinda disappointed that I ordered a $3 901 battery extension to modify from madvapes.:( Oh well, it won't be here until tomorrow and I'm too impatient.

BTW, I'm definitely not a fan of the rubbery smell/taste that the condoms leave on the cartomizers.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nice. Always good to see simple and less destructive methods to mod. On the smell thing, it's vendor specific. I have vendors (which I won't name) that smell like vitamin bottles from the rubber caps to the carto itself, whereas other vendors cartos don't smell at all and have no negative taste. I've bought carts and cartos from multiple vendors to find the ones that are clear and smell/taste free. I thought it was normal at first, but after purchasing form half a dozen vendors I found out it was 2 specific vendors that must get their stuff from the same manufacturer. I now vape with smell/taste free cartomizers and the difference is night and day. I must say too, that the juice flavor is affected by the those cartos that have the "off" smell and taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread