Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I'm having a bit of user difficulty with my replacement glass (15mm). This is not my first rodeo with IBTanks and they've all been easy until now. So after a number of months I ordered and received a replacement tube. I pulled off the caps from my cracked glass and replaced the orings with new ones from IBT (noticed one of them that I threw away was flatter...thought this was just due to use...in hind site, wish I hadn't thrown away). Anyway, lubed up new orings, filled up, etc. Now, every time I need to refill, the bottom cap comes apart from the glass and yep, you guessed it, I have a mess. I have removed and reinstalled orings (I prefer dental pick). Used 2 instead of one, etc. hmmmmm....
Are the orings that come with the "complete tanks" the same as what are sent as extras? Like I said, the old one was flattened which actually aided in sliding the tank up the cartomizer without moving the cap away from the cap....
Thank you!:blush:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Never any flattened orings Robin, what you might be referring to is the washer which is a flat rubber ring. This goes against the flat part of the cap that would touch the glass if it were not in there not into the groove where the oring goes. All of our orings have remained constant for some time now and the ones that are sent as extras are the same ones we supply with our caps. There is always small variances in both orings and glass though so something might not seem quite as or more snug than the next setup.

As far as the cap coming out when sliding the cartomizer to refill always back up the cap that could slide out ie grip that and not the tank tube itself. So when lowering the cartomizer you would be holding the bottom cap and when raising the cartomizer back into place for use you would hold the top cap.

If you do this you will never push a cap out of any tank as everything is trying to go together towards the part that is being held.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks for reply OCD. I know this isn't rocket science here, but I'll need a bit more clarity. First off, the washer, which I referred to as a flattened oring. I believe that I threw it away. Could that be the problem?

Secondly, I do understand the importance of grasping the caps and not the glass. I generally place my nail under the bottom cap in order to get a slight separation from the 510 connection so that I can grasp the cap and gently pull upwards.

The grip that the caps have on the cartomizer is like gorilla glue while the grip the caps have on the tank is like butter.

Thank you.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No Problem Robin, the washer would not give any extra holding power of the cap to the tube, its sole purpose is to prevent the metal of the cap from being able to contact the glass tube.

If you have a refilling drip tip you can use it from the other end to push while holding the bottom cap, just not a lot of room on that tiny 15mm Tank to both hold the cap and pull the cartomizer from that end so I can see the difficulty. If you dont have the refilling tip or similar tool maybe you have a drip tip that has the same outside diameter as the cartomizer. Generally acrylic tips are a little too wide but most often the straight inexpensive aluminum ones will fit. Use that to lower the cartomizer by pushing downward again while holding the bottom cap.

The orings do set up well on the cartomizer, this is a must as I am sure you know because it does two things for us, one it ensures a very good airtight seal and two it keeps the tank from being able to slide off the device accidentally. Once the cartomizer begins to move though it is easier to slide until it has had time to sit and squeeze the liquid out that has temporarily lubed it. Just need to get it started moving then things should be fine for awhile.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Robin, when I get a sticky carto in the tank, I grasp it by the threads & twist it (without pulling) to break that bond between the o-ring & carto. In my case it's been caused by the juice - it works well as a lubricant to get the carto in there, but when it dries on the outside of the ring, it gets really sticky. Especially if you refill the tank multiple times without removing the carto all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread