Using 510 Adapter on a Mechanical mod! Be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Hello all,

I would like to share some advice for anyone that is using a 510 adapter to save threads on a mech mod, since clones are becoming more popular and people are using adaptors/ air-flow controllers to prolong the thread life this is a vital thing to remember.
UNSCREW THE MOD SO THE BATTERY IS NOT IN CONTACT OR TAKE OUT THE BATTERY BEFORE SCREWING IN THE ADAPTOR WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR tank/rda/rba WHAT HAVE YOU CONNECTED. IF YOU LEAVE THE BATTERY IN AND IT SETUP UP AS READY TO VAPE YOU CAN CAUSE A SHORT WHILE SCREWING IN ADAPTOR.
I unscrew the bottom cap a little so battery is not contacting the adjustable/floating pin and screw in the adaptor then screw the bottom cap on which will adjust the pin and will not allow a short or at least help with the short. reason why I tell all is that I did it twice and both times I screw in the adaptor I felt the center section of mod get hot fast...I know thank god I was paying attention or could have been bad and want to help others understand how dangerous it can be! vape on everyone, Strapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread