Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
i just got my new Themis today and I don’t see a lot of information on using mesh for a coil. I was hoping to have a thread with tips and advice on using mesh. What metal you use what works better, TC or power modes. What works best for you and any guidance you can provide.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'll be watching this thread, I'm curious myself. I know you can buy it by the spool now.
I have a spool of kanthal and a spool of ss coming to use with my Themis. Eciggity has it the cheapest in the states. They are in Hawaii but the ship fast and I should have it Monday, I ordered yesterday. Hopefully some experienced users chime in with some guidance for me before then.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have a spool of kanthal and a spool of ss coming to use with my Themis. Eciggity has it the cheapest in the states. They are in Hawaii but the ship fast and I should have it Monday, I ordered yesterday. Hopefully some experienced users chime in with some guidance for me before then.
Maybe add "rebuildable" to the title to draw in those building with mesh.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So you have become quite taken with using rtas haven't you?
I have, I use my Zesthia everyday for the majority of my vaping. I also still have the crown setup on another mod for an occasional puff. The Themis I won in a giveaway but I wanted to try one anyway. So I haven’t gone crazy buying a bunch of rta’s but my Zesthia gets used 90% of the time. You and others were great helping me navigate the trials and tribulations of building on my first RTA.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I had to Google the tank...I'm assuming that you don't roll a mesh wick like with the old school genny tanks? I need to get with the times. I feel old. lol. off to google to look at this "new" mesh thing. lol
Yea this is using the mesh as a coil as opposed to the old gennys using mesh as a wick. Seems like a good idea. People are always trying to build coils with more surface area to improve flavor. Well with mesh as the coil it would be hard to get more surface area than that.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have, I use my Zesthia everyday for the majority of my vaping. I also still have the crown setup on another mod for an occasional puff. The Themis I won in a giveaway but I wanted to try one anyway. So I haven’t gone crazy buying a bunch of rta’s but my Zesthia gets used 90% of the time. You and others were great helping me navigate the trials and tribulations of building on my first RTA.
They can be addictive, never dreamed rtas would be my daily drivers.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't tried a mesh coil and it's not "high up" on my list of "things to do" although I have heard the flavor can be great, I'm just imagining me, my building skills.... and mesh. Although I guess it's potentially easier in some ways, so I hope you report back on your results :)

Anna

niks5185

Apr 11, 2018
Washington, DC
I've used the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA (although it's in my RDA graveyard now) for quite awhile and I actually really enjoyed it. It's extremely simple to build and use. Every time you cut the mesh, the resistance goes down so you can keep adjusting it until it gets perfect. For the VV Mesh I had a tough time keeping it juiced and it required a lot of cotton. The Themis is an RTA though so you shouldn't have a problem with the juice. Like I said it's a simple build really and really enjoyable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread