The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Using power tools to play with your juice

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by 69CamaroSS, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 69CamaroSS

69CamaroSS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    Ultrasonic machine to shake your juice?!? Ain't nobody got time for dat.... image.jpg
    Howz about 3000 strokes/minute to aerate your juice....this'll turn clear juices milk-white in seconds and release any and all alcohols and perfumes with the first couple of bottle burps afterwards! :headbang::thumb:

2. vapnmuse

vapnmuse Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2014
    central new jersey
    that is genious sir!!!!!!

3. ForeverDiving

ForeverDiving Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What kind of a gadget is that? Can you please post a link to it?

4. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    It's a sawzall, you can pick them up at any hardware store.

5. 69CamaroSS

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    LOL. Correct, Mark411. It's a sawzall AKA reciprocating saw...like the ones firefighters use to cut the roofs off of cars to extract it's occupants. Also commonly used for cutting drywall when installing outlets and light switches etc. The blade reciprocates in a straight line forward and backward up to 3000 times per minute depending on how much "trigger" you give it. It'll shake the you-know-what out of some juice!!!:headbang::thumbs:

6. ForeverDiving

ForeverDiving Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great! Many thanks. I had never seen one of those although I know we have reciprocating saws in our body shop. I'll try borrowing one some weekend... :) Problem is they are -most likely- wired for 220V or even compressed air. Industrial tools. :( Well, in any case I can always take my juice to the shop.

7. akpostal

akpostal Moved On ECF Veteran

Thats thinking and winning right there.

8. csardaz

csardaz Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Its basically a big jigsaw - but portable. I have one that runs off a big battery pack. Maybe 3000 strokes per minute is right. I've been using a reciprocating tool that vibrates back and forth about 5000 times per minute and I get the most visible mixing action below half speed (2500?). Definitely mixes a bottle better in 15 seconds than hand-shaking does in a minute.

9. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

10. Cool-breeze

Cool-breeze Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2013
    Upstate sc
    Thats freaking awesome!

11. 69CamaroSS

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    Thank you Cool-breeze. Where in the upstate are you. I'm on the Taylor's/Greer line just off Wade Hampton Blvd

12. 69CamaroSS

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
  13. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  14. 69CamaroSS

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    LOL. I actually thought of using my vibratory brass tumbler on my reloading bench! ;)

15. destinkarette

destinkarette Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Orange Grove, Texas
    Now that is a creative use of a sawzall!

16. Maurice Pudlo

Maurice Pudlo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    United States
  17. lazyrobotlabs

lazyrobotlabs Full Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Brainerd, MN
    I haven't came across too many sawzalls wired for 220, so you should be safe there. Harbor freight has some cheapie sawzalls that would work well for this cause you aren't cutting, so thats not that big of a deal. Now compressed air would be quite legitimate because those ones really bump some power out, I've used a 4k stroke one that just cut titanium exhaust pipes like buttah. Let me know what you find out if your shop does have an air-powered one. Plus, you probably have the materials to make your own "blade" designed to hold bottles safely

18. lazyrobotlabs

lazyrobotlabs Full Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Brainerd, MN
    Now I may also be in the wrong spot for this, but what are the effects of aerating your juice on the vape of it, does it help the nicotine release from the Glycol better, and would it be worth a shot on pre-manufactured juice?

19. 69CamaroSS

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    Shaking in general helps to mix the ingredients and should always be done prior to dripping or filling a tank. Most agree that shaking should be done regularly during the steeping (aging) process to better "marry" the flavoring, PG, VG and nicotine. When shaken to the point where air bubbles can be seen in the juice, many of the volatile ingredients in the flavoring (IE: alcohols and other perfumy-type ingredients) are more easily released and can evaporate (burp the air out of your bottle often) thus giving your juice a more even, less perfumy and overall better flavor. ;) :thumb:

20. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    So are you saying that when you Shake am e-Liquid that Alcohol can be released from the Flavoring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.