Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I just received this message from an (extremely patient) NT family member. I wanted to make you all aware of the fact that the USPS is being the USPS, again.

"Wanted to let you know that my package has surfaced…11 days from Omaha to Kearny NJ, and mail usually gets to me within 2 or 3 days from there. So yay."

I have *several* orders in this situation - be aware - recent weather events have caused "backlogs" at several USPS shipping hubs (including many that you would not expect to be backlogged). As always, I will do everything I can to monitor your packages and ensure timely delivery, but - we are all at the mercy of the post office so please... expect delays until they get it sorted out. If your vapemail shows up "on time" consider yourself "one of the lucky ones" and try not to "take it for granted."

Believe us, it frustrates shippers/vendors like us as much, probably MORE, than it does the recipients.

sylpheel

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, lets not talk about the USPS. I think my carrier hates me and the local post office phone number is on my speed dial because they always mark packages as delivered and make no attempt to deliver. I think that the post office just hates me and if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to ship UPS I would use them for everything.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    This is the 3rd package this month that got within 5 five miles of me and USPS shipped it 100's miles away. Weather is not the problem!

February 19, 2014 Depart USPS Sort Facility .AMARILLO, TX 79120
    February 19, 2014 , 3:30 am Processed through USPS Sort Facility .AMARILLO, TX 79120
    February 16, 2014 , 9:18 pm Processed through USPS Sort Facility .JAMAICA, NY 11430
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment .February 10, 2014 , 1:42 pm Processed Through Sort Facility .SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA
    February 9, 2014 , 6:53 pm Acceptance .CHINA

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    Yeah, lets not talk about the USPS. I think my carrier hates me and the local post office phone number is on my speed dial because they always mark packages as delivered and make no attempt to deliver. I think that the post office just hates me and if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to ship UPS I would use them for everything.

I thin you are spot on here... it's the price of poker we pay for cheap shipping. Insurance, insurance, insurance. Priority is the way to go IMHO (it's actually more profitable for small ticket businesses like ours to recommend 1st Class, but I'm trying to "do the right thing" and give good advice here)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    This is the 3rd package this month that got within 5 five miles of me and USPS shipped it 100's miles away. Weather is not the problem!

February 19, 2014 Depart USPS Sort Facility .AMARILLO, TX 79120
    February 19, 2014 , 3:30 am Processed through USPS Sort Facility .AMARILLO, TX 79120
    February 16, 2014 , 9:18 pm Processed through USPS Sort Facility .JAMAICA, NY 11430
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment .February 10, 2014 , 1:42 pm Processed Through Sort Facility .SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA
    February 9, 2014 , 6:53 pm Acceptance .CHINA

Color me surprised. ;) Nice Avi by the way. :evil:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    When the heavy snows hit in the North, I placed an order with an Indiana supplier. It was shipped to Miami (air, I suppose) and obviously trucked up I-75 to Macon. I had my shipment in 3-4 days. I guess it was USPS's way of getting around the snow.

I am sure (like most businesses) they are doing their best - not my intent to throw the USPS under the bus. Sounds like you got lucky on this one!!

sylpheel

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    I thin you are spot on here... it's the price of poker we pay for cheap shipping. Insurance, insurance, insurance. Priority is the way to go IMHO (it's actually more profitable for small ticket businesses like ours to recommend 1st Class, but I'm trying to "do the right thing" and give good advice here)

Yeah, I will be choosing Priority from now on. That's what I get for trying to save a couple of bucks. Oh well, you live and you learn :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    Yeah, I will be choosing Priority from now on. That's what I get for trying to save a couple of bucks. Oh well, you live and you learn :)

I choose priority mail on everything but the smallest orders just in case. I don't know if it gets here any faster, but I know (as a vendor and supplier), if you choose Priority, that $50 insurance gives us more than enough to fully replace orders that are larger than $50 (obviously we eat some of that cost, but yea).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread