Utah all Vapers of the united states will not be bullied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Just received a reply from Mr. Mahan with a document outlining the one year reprieve.

I replied to him and urged them to reconsider what they define as a tobacco specialty shop:

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Perhaps a good long term strategy would be to reexamine the definition of tobacco specialty shops. I'm sure the affected businesses do not sell tobacco. While it is true that some of the products contain nicotine, applying the category of tobacco specialty shop to any business that sells anything containing nicotine would mean that this same law would apply to all businesses who sell anything containing tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant or any number of similar vegetables.

Again, thanks for your time!

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
More details here: The Davis Clipper - City forcing closure of Bountiful vapor shops

And here: The Davis Clipper - City reverses course vapor shops allowed 2014 licenses

Interesting, this:

Vapor shop owners were confused as to why the city would issue them a license and then revoke it only months later - due to a state law that already existed when the licenses were granted.

Bountiful City Manager Gary Hill told the Clipper, “We don’t have any desire to make life difficult for these owners.”

When asked why the city would grant licenses that were in violation of a state law, Hill said, “I wish I had an answer.”

Littlefield and Lambros are not sure why the city granted them a license and would then revoke it. When they asked the Bountiful City manager why they had a sudden change of heart, he told them the city got a tip from the Davis County Health Department. When they contacted the DCH Dept. for an explanation, an official told them the city informed them of the violations.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
"Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Perhaps a good long term strategy would be to reexamine the definition of tobacco specialty shops. I'm sure the affected businesses do not sell tobacco. While it is true that some of the products contain nicotine, applying the category of tobacco specialty shop to any business that sells anything containing nicotine would mean that this same law would apply to all businesses who sell anything containing tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant or any number of similar vegetables.

Again, thanks for your time! "

That would also apply to any business selling over-the-counter smoking cessation products.... not sure about prescription ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread