Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Huh?

Whuh happened? Where do we find out who to thank?

This sounds intriguing, what DID he say about the emails? Come on, let's get some gossip here!

That was just a link to a vaping show I posted that Aaron and Julie were on but just as I posted the link their segment ended.

Just send a thanks to the same list (you can use the bulk, comma deliminated list). Even if they didn't vote "no" they'll see all of the support the "no" voters got! :)

Rep. Ray basically started out by trying to amend his bill to remove the e-cigarette tax and he said they had been "getting emails all weekend" (meaning the House members.) They allowed the amendment (plus a few more amendments to the amendment - it was a cluster f---) and then voted the whole thing down. :)

Last edited:

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Makes me wonder if this isn't why the big push on this, the FDA has been quiet on deeming regulations and it may be that they were caught off guard by the 5000+ comments they got. I think that political types figure between 100-200 people for each letter they get, that's somewhere between 500,000 and 1 million people that are not going to be happy if they come down on e-cigarettes to hard.

:glare::2c:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Makes me wonder if this isn't why the big push on this, the FDA has been quiet on deeming regulations and it may be that they were caught off guard by the 5000+ comments they got. I think that political types figure between 100-200 people for each letter they get, that's somewhere between 500,000 and 1 million people that are not going to be happy if they come down on e-cigarettes to hard.
I have no doubt the FDA has "people" trying to "gauge" this "situation" and are proceeding with caution.
And I also have no doubt that if the screw with us, they'll find we are ready and willing to fight.

Nanooks

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Salt Lake
I don't know about donations, but we've had 30 people join CASAA since the Utah CTA was posted and only 2 are actually from Utah. Sadly, we apparently have less Utah members than the number of people who showed up at the hearing. :(

I can tend to come across wrong sometimes so I will choose my words carefully since I have the utmost respect for CASAA. I have watched this bill like a hawk here on the ECF. I tend to stay away from joining any groups so I can state my view is independant. How would joining CASAA been more effective in opposing this bill?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I can tend to come across wrong sometimes so I will choose my words carefully since I have the utmost respect for CASAA. I have watched this bill like a hawk here on the ECF. I tend to stay away from joining any groups so I can state my view is independant. How would joining CASAA been more effective in opposing this bill?
It wouldn't necessarily be more effective in opposing this particular bill.

One thing it would do is increase the number of members that CASAA has.
And the more members they have, the more legitimate they will be considered, and therefore the more influence they will have.

I wish every vaper everywhere would join for that reason alone!

Also, when you join, you get emails on the various issues that face vapers.
Although, of course, you can find that information here if you are paying attention to the Legislative forum.

And finally, when you join you can attend member meetings, and add your voice to the general fight.
Maybe you'll have some ideas to offer, or maybe you'll decide to get more involved in whatever way might work for you.
:)

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Point recieved. Joined.

IMO if we vape, we are not independent, any more than smokers are independent wrt smoking laws. (Of course, nobody in the media points out BP when they talk about vested interests. :mad: ) Hence I'm priming my family to start any future (post-deeming) correspondence with something like "I am not a tobacco or nicotine user, but I'm worried about my xxxx"

chemicalsno

Mar 11, 2013
UT
The bill, which was introduced at the tail end of the legislative session last week, received a vehement response from local e-cigarette users, vendors and their employees, as well as lawmakers.

I'm glad so many people rallied against this, I even received an email from Volcano prompting customers to protect their rights and not let Utah set such a dangerous precedent.

afrazier5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I encourage everyone to write to these in particular and thank them for having the courage as an elected leader to stand up in opposition of this bill. janderson34@le.utah.gov, jimnielson@le.utah.gov, bgreene@le.utah.gov, fgibson@le.utah.gov. Rep Gibson in particular stood up and really promoted THR and could not support any bill which took that right away from adults that were trying to move to it away from smoking. HE understand....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread