uwell crown leaking through air holes on fill up plus misc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
hi yall so i got a uwell crown i say less than a week ago had no problems out of the package but now when ever i fill up (top fill) juice just comes pouring out the air hole and on to my evic vtc mini. Ive pulled it apart cleaned it well screwed everything on nice and snugly. But still leaks, its very frustrating and costly leaked juice is lost money. Also i was useing the .5 duel stainless steel coil in temp control and the thing keeps on giving funky hits. I assume i killed the coil because its now producing as much from the beginning and the flavor is not really their.. Anything will help.
Thanks yall
cheers

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
Using the pre-built coils (not the RBA) and top-filling... In my experience... The Crown doesn't leak. You need to close up the air flow at the bottom, prior to breaking the connection at the top, and if you do it this way... the Crown won't leak. Don't forget to re-open the airflow after you re-seal the top cap. - If you're already doing it this way - (and I don't mean to question/insult your intelligence by explaining it) - then maybe your tank is defective. I don't know. I do know that mine doesn't leak at all, now the RBA, that's another story. I think bottom fill is safest with the RBA, even when it's properly wicked.

I have an evic VTC mini. Nice little mod. Glad I bought it. I did the upgrade too. Do yourself a favor... Forget the SS Temp Control. It's not ready for prime time. Stay with Power mode for your SS coils. It works just fine. Seriously.

scaamc

Nov 29, 2015
Closing AFC doesn't stop leaks (obviously, since base is open via mouthpiece anyway); just gives you time to cover the AFC when you open it to soak up any leaked juice. Most Crown users don't get leaks, but some do despite no flaw in O-rings. This is a vacuum issue. That is why tanks like the Triton close the juice holes during refill; this is to stop leaks. All top fillers can theoretically leak without this feature. The Crown lack this feature, but doesn't need it. Most Crown leaks have nothing to do with O-rings, but good idea to check them just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread