Crown 3 tank leaking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenCloud79

Feb 12, 2018
I got this Uwell crown 3 tank a few days ago, so far I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing that's bugging me is every time I add new juice it floods and it spits, and there is leakage from the airflow area. Is there a certain way to prime it? When ever I fill it there is already juice in there so I didn't think I had to prime it if it was working ok. I've checked that everything is screwed on right and seals are fine. To get it to stop leaking ive had to increase the temp, fire it a few times with out a pull and then it seems to be ok but seems very unnecessary. Any tips would be appreciated thanks.

Reactions: stols001

ZenCloud79

Feb 12, 2018
Yea its really weird, im putting the juice in the right hole from the top, not the chimney. Making sure its falling down the inside of the glass tank, ive even let it sit for 10 min like the manual suggested and once i start to use it, it starts to gurgle and spit a bit when pulling, then the airflow chamber on the bottom floods. Only way ive been able to get it working right is up the wattage to 70, and dump out the flood in the airflow. Compared to my baby beast and gnome tank this doesnt seem right

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure, I mean it is often recommended to close airflow when filling, but I really haven't had to do that with my tanks, including the Berserker which really is reputed to be difficult to topfill. I haven't had any issues with it, I don't know if my wicking has anything to do with it. You may have gotten a bad coil, as simple as that, perhaps not related to the resistance change at all. It's also possible the coil wasn't screwed in quite tight enough. O-rings could be a possibility but it sounds like you checked them by now.

Unless you vastly prefer the lower resistance coil anyway, I would probably try a new coil of higher resistance next time and see how filling goes. I've found it very hard to make a drop in coil leak, honestly, and I run several of them... .Best of luck figuring it out! And welcome to ECF.

Anna

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
If that's topfill, I've been told to have the airflow closed for filling, then after filled invert while finishing tightening, then open a/f while still inverted. Wait a bit then vape. Might still have to crank it up to clear a bit of the gurgling. Gl

There are manufacturer instructions that come in the box. They say this exact thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread