Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Hey guys, so I got my new coils in today and I set one up. Carefully primed it, let it soak, took some pulls without power to make sure it saturated completely, and just took my time with it. So my question in this thread is, is it normal that the cotton in the coil is already turning a darker color? They aren't black or really bad looking by any means, but the cotton is already tinted darkish. Is this normal? I haven't tasted any burnt taste at all yet, and still don't, but is this to be expected? Thanks guys!

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Hey guys, so I got my new coils in today and I set one up. Carefully primed it, let it soak, took some pulls without power to make sure it saturated completely, and just took my time with it. So my question in this thread is, is it normal that the cotton in the coil is already turning a darker color? They aren't black or really bad looking by any means, but the cotton is already tinted darkish. Is this normal? I haven't tasted any burnt taste at all yet, and still don't, but is this to be expected? Thanks guys!

Do you have a sweet candy / dessert flavor in it ?

Reactions: H4X0R

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Yes, just take it easy for the first 3/4 of the first tank, no long slow pulls, watch for air bubbles and should then be broke in good.
Another quick question man, I noticed the Crown's coils are stainless steel, isn't stainless steel used for TC? I always wondered if that was at all dangerous.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tjcraig

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
Ramona, CA
I'm only posting this just in case you're priming like I was. I thought I was doing everything right but after I followed this video step by step my coils went from lasting 4-7 days to 2-4 weeks. And yeah, Artic Heat is a bit darker so if you're not getting a burnt taste then that would be my best guess. Like the other guy said, just take it easy on a new coil while you're breaking it is. Maybe start with a lighter colored juice - Extreme Ice or Hawk Sauce from Baker are awesome and basically looks like water.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
I'm only posting this just in case you're priming like I was. I thought I was doing everything right but after I followed this video step by step my coils went from lasting 4-7 days to 2-4 weeks. And yeah, Artic Heat is a bit darker so if you're not getting a burnt taste then that would be my best guess. Like the other guy said, just take it easy on a new coil while you're breaking it is. Maybe start with a lighter colored juice - Extreme Ice or Hawk Sauce from Baker are awesome and basically looks like water.

Yea this was the video I watched that showed me how to prime the coils, I may have missed something, not sure, but I really liked his video about it. And I have some Extreme Ice from Baker as well! I should have used that. Side note, how is hawk sauce? I saw it and considered it.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
74453d6096aac60753c51e4122412c6f.jpg

db74d57500fdda3cad43f6208f4b9d9f.jpg

Here pics of my new coil, does this look right?

Also, here is the color of the juice I'm using. The coil you see there was while I was priming it, it looks a lot whiter than it does now.

5146cd3f63728abaa771a62207e930a1.jpg

tjcraig

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
Ramona, CA
Oh dude, those just look like freshly primed coils to me. I wouldn't be worried at all. How long have you been using the Crown? How long are your coils lasting?

Well, Hawk Sauce isn't my go-to (that title goes to their Thug Juice). Hawk Sauce isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have one distinguished flavor if that makes sense. I guess that's the why the description doesn't even point out what the flavor is haha

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Oh dude, those just look like freshly primed coils to me. I wouldn't be worried at all. How long have you been using the Crown? How long are your coils lasting?

Well, Hawk Sauce isn't my go-to (that title goes to their Thug Juice). Hawk Sauce isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have one distinguished flavor if that makes sense. I guess that's the why the description doesn't even point out what the flavor is haha
I have had this crown for maybe a month so I'm still very new to it! I actually didn't change the coil for that entire month and noticed how dark my coil was recently, bought new ones just now! As for how long the coil lasts? I'm not too sure because I'm personally not too good with knowing when they are 100% fried and when they're alright. Here's a pic of my last one I pulled out. All fried haha
b148ffe93a828bdb9cc5cb67b6597989.jpg

So I'm unsure so far about how long they last. So the current coil I'm using looks okay to you? Doesn't look like it's burning? Thanks for the reply man, much appreciated!

Keep in mind the second photo from my last post was before using it at all. The top 2 photos on that post are now.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
It's fine. You know the coils are bad when they start to taste burnt. I used to run my Crown with NJOY Artist Collection Paramour, which is of a darker color'd ejuice with custard and vanilla flavors.

The coils would get dark within a day. My 0.5ohm coils lasted 2 bottles and maybe more if it wasn't b/c I was retiring the crown and had to clean and remove the coils.

A good set of coils properly primed should last a while. If you start getting burnt hits for no reason thats when you want to swap in new coils.

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016
That coil looks brand new and fresh! Seems like that juice is treating it nicely. Sometimes a coil won't taste burnt, but it will look absolutely hideous. Every now and then I'd check it to see if there is a build up of black specs in your coil, or if the wire looks too dark for your liking. They can last awhile, but the flavor will almost always diminish. That's why RBA's are so popular, coils last for weeks, 1/3rd of the price, customization for your vape experience, and it's fun :)

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016
Thanks everyone for the replies! So the coil may get darker but it isn't an issue unless they taste bad?

Yup! All coils darken and gunk up from use! Personally, when I had the Crown I'd check the coil every few days to see how it was, and if it looked really bad but wasn't a bad taste, I'd still change it; that's only me though! I like fresh flavor and a relatively clean coil.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
That coil looks brand new and fresh! Seems like that juice is treating it nicely. Sometimes a coil won't taste burnt, but it will look absolutely hideous. Every now and then I'd check it to see if there is a build up of black specs in your coil, or if the wire looks too dark for your liking. They can last awhile, but the flavor will almost always diminish. That's why RBA's are so popular, coils last for weeks, 1/3rd of the price, customization for your vape experience, and it's fun :)

1/3 the price of what ? Stainless Steel Wire 316L

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016

You joking? Third the price of stock coils. A Crown coil costs $2.50 a pop, you can buy 100ft of quality wire for the price of 4 Crown coils.

Not to mention, you linked SS316L, which is more expensive than what a new builder will be using, but even in the link you listed, 100ft is only $14.99...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread