V1 mechanical switch "upgrade" worked... for a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimist

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Montana, USA
Got the free upgrade for the V1 mechanical switch, and installed it easily, and as instructed.

At first, it was hitting every time. I thought, "wow, what an improvement." Previously, getting a live hit was hit or miss, with the switch misfiring MOST of the time.

After a day with the upgrade kit installed, my V1 is now back to MOSTLY misfiring... very irritating. I have to practically puncture my thumb by pressing the switch extremely hard in order to get it to fire.

I'm not so sure this "upgrade" was an upgrade at all. And what is worse, PS claims in the switch upgrade thread that all such switch issues have been resolved. All I can say to that is... not so!

What do I do now? I'm stuck with a switch that only works rarely, plus my 2 original resistored switches have both quit. They are out of warranty now. This sucks.

Conversely, the V2 switch upgrade is working most of the time, but still misfires here and there. I have the V2 as my main device now, but I wanted the V1 as a 5v backup... now it is reduced to a backup that may or may not work at any given time.

EDIT: I should mention that the little gray contact disc on the V1 button is loose and wobbles around a bit... has been that way since I received it from PS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread