V2 Ex Series Cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

After reading plenty of reviews on what e cig to buy I took the plunge and bought the starter kit for the V2 Ex Series. I'm very happy with it; the batteries don't last that long as with my old ego battery, but one is always on charge so not really a problem.

My problem is I can't find anywhere in the UK where they sell the red cartridges with the window to see how much liquid is left. The site I buy from have been out of stock for over a month and it is the only site I can find - they seem to have the monopoly...

I ordered some of the standard v2 cartridges and I was getting through on average 3 a day (ex 15-20 a day smoker). I've also had to go up to 2.4 to get the same hit as 1.8 liquid. So it has become a little expensive!

Does anyone know a site where I can get these cartridges from? Or know a cartridge that is compatible with the ex series?

I've ordered the small tanks that fit the battery and gone back to liquid for now which I was trying to move away from.:unsure:

Thanks for reading my woes...

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hello Zizi,

Firstly, let me reassure you we can find a solution.

V2 are a little more than an average brand and an unnecessarily expensive product.

What are you after? Are we talking cartomisers or clearomisers? The EX series are a cartomiser with a viewing window - Yes?

The fact that you are using a few cartomisers per day tells me everything I fear about V2. Also, the EX series batteries, purchased separately are the WORST value for money battery I have ever seen.

The whole system is geared for profit and most of the reviews are totally fake.

Sorry to do this, but it's going to cost you a fortune to stick with a cartomizer system, money which I feel would be better spent elsewhere. Even the cheapest cartomizers in the UK are going to cost £1,000s a year.

If you started with an eGo - did it have a clearo or did you use cartos? Cartos can be fine (better than fine) but you need to buy blank ones and fill them yourself, ideally.

I ran this system for about 6 months... just filling up 3 cartos each night with nice juice purchased online somewhere.

Now I have dropped that total bombshell, I'll leave you for a while to gather your thoughts.

Sorry. :(

Thanks for your reply!
I'm not sure what you mean by clearos and cartos... it was a clear top, unscrews at the top that you pour the liquid in to. So I'm guessing that's a clearo? Are cartos cartridges? i.e. the prefilled screw on type?

Yes, I was worried I'd gone for the wrong one - oh dear! I was after something smaller and 'ladylike'. Also I wanted something prefilled. Good idea of yours though, refilling a few so you have enough the next day.

I now have to find slim blanks to fit the batteries. Right then, I'm off on a quest!

Thank you :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for your reply!
I'm not sure what you mean by clearos and cartos... it was a clear top, unscrews at the top that you pour the liquid in to. So I'm guessing that's a clearo? Are cartos cartridges? i.e. the prefilled screw on type?

Yes, I was worried I'd gone for the wrong one - oh dear! I was after something smaller and 'ladylike'. Also I wanted something prefilled. Good idea of yours though, refilling a few so you have enough the next day.

I now have to find slim blanks to fit the batteries. Right then, I'm off on a quest!

Thank you :)

What you need to know is the "thread" on V2 e-cigarettes. Threads sizes are 510, or eGo or 808 or others too. 510 and eGo are the most common. I suspect V2 won't use those.. many "brands" deliberately try to stop customers using standard equipment.

If you can buy an adapter, you can use any products you like... it's that easy! A bit ugly at times, depending on how flush things fit.

Don't get me wrong, the V2 battery is perfectly good, just eye-wateringly expensive. It's a £2.60 battery and V2 ask you to pay £22.99.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh, yes.

A clearo is a clear tank with an inbuilt atomizer. (Clearo+mizer)

Clearomizers

A carto is a thin metal self-contained atomizer often prefilled.

Cartomizers (Cartridge+mizer)

These cartomizers are 808 thread, and will fit other brands *if they are 808*.

The ideal thread is 510, and then you can buy these and put them on 90+% of batteries

BOGE 510 CARTOMISER SS - Cartomizers

Using cartos like this with e-liquid bought to fill is a very good introduction to vaping. Some people even feel that the reliability of a cartomizer makes it a better choice than cheap clearomisers. I partly agree, actually.

BluesPower

Feb 15, 2015
South Central PA
I started with V2 but have since moved on. NO REGRETS - They helped me clear the hardest hurdle. I bought Kanger clearomizers for my V2 batteries. Cheaper & more capacity. I was well pleased. I bought mine from a site called LiteCigUSA.

Kangertech E-smart Clearomizer

Replacement Clearomizer for the Kanger E-smart 808d-1 threaded electronic cigarette. Esmart clearomizers hold approximately 1.3ml of liquid. The e-Smart clearomizer has a approximate resistance of 2.2ohm.

To fill the clearomizer, simply unscrew the mouthpiece and fill with your favorite e-Liquid. " When filling to do not get liquid in the center airflow tube. " Replace the mouthpiece and wait 1-3 minutes for the wicks to absorb liquid before using.

Also compatible with the Kanger 808D-1 electronic cigarette. Please note that they are bigger in diameter then the 808d-1 battery.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Raw unbranded 808 carts are cheap, it's not hard to fill them, stick a toothpick in the centertube and soak them down. Used to do like 10 at a time and keep them in a zip lock. The little clearos work well. The weak point is actually the short life of the battery. Always getting weaker as you puff away. Always have more charging. Have to carry a pocket full of them.

It is bigger but a 900 or better ego vv would make a big difference in your enjoyment. That are about the size of a sharpie marker. And the 510/ego threading will give you nearly limitless options on things to try

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You can also get 650 ma ego style batteries at vapor station for $3.75 each! With 808 threading! I bought a few and they are great. Short but last a long time. They are regulated manual batteries. I use a G6 style charger on them works great. Not sure if a std 808 charger works on them or not gave all my std 808 batteries and chargers to my son.

Edit: I just got in the mail a Kanger V-GO style charger with wall adapter for $1.99 from Analog Alternatives that works on the little batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread