V2 is KR808D? Help me out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
So I was puffing my njoy rechargeable and a friend apparently quit using V2 and pulled one out of her purse. I gave it a puff and holy crap the vape was SO much nicer than my enjoy. I was shocked and so was she as she said it was in her purse for likely 6 months or better with no charge. She tossed her other bat, charger and supplies from home and only had this battery. Long story short, she gave it to me and said "kill it and toss it if you want". Well I've killed it puffing away for a day and a half! This thing seems amazing. Can you guys point me to replacement chargers and more importantly REFILLABLE cartos for this thing? I'm thinking of getting the eRoll, but this seems like a viable option. Thanks!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Get yourself a full kit, cartos, and juices here - Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Image Electronic Cigarettes - The Future is in your hands

Use the code VOLTSAVE for 16% off.

You MIGHT be able to use the Volt charger to charge the V2, as they are both KR808, but the Volt is regulated whereas the V2 is unregulated. I can't remember if that affects charger compatibility or not, but the cartomizers are 100% compatible. You can always grab a charger from V2 - E Cig Charger Kit at V2 Cigs

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
Volt is very good. I like their juices and their 808 cartomizers very much.

That said, their batteries while good are also quite expensive. ~25% more than very similar batteries. Best battery I have is a volt, but the one I just ordered is not, and price is the reason. They are good but perhaps not that good. Also the only way to get a charger from them seems to be to order an entire starter kit.

That's not the worst idea but I will suggest another possible option. Since you specifically asked for a charger, KR808D1_USB_Charger $4.95. This charger is the best I have found so far (dont have a volt since they dont sell them separate) and has worked well for me. Batteries from the same site are $9.75 for the same size volt charges $12.95 for, this site lists 280mah capacity while volt, amazingly, criticises other suppliers for not informing you of actual capacity yet do not seem to list it themselves. I have both, they perform very similiarly. The volt has a tacky feel to it that might make it a little harder to lose your grip on the thing. MVS also has an XL option on the batteries, $12.75 for 380mah. I just ordered one so obviously I believe it's the best buy on batteries.

On the downside, the SI cartos are clearly better (enough so I wont quibble at all on the price,) and while juice taste is subjective I think SI is better there too. There are coupons around for 10-15% off from both. It all depends on how much stuff you wind up ordering whether it's worth it to order from two places or save on shipping by only ordering for one, but the price difference on the batteries and charger could well wind up making it worth it to do so. Your call.

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Vapor4life is all KR808D thread devices, so all there batteries, chargers and carts will work with V2, I started with V2, but they have very limited flavors and batteries, so before getting into juice, I used V4L pre-filled carts for a while, and now have V4L batteries and chargers and use both with V2 batteries that my wife still uses.

Fury83

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    V2 batteries are a ripoff, and what I started with. Volt's batteries are a bit over getting a no-name but soft touch is nice and so are the options. Vapor4life batteries are a ripoff too.

The volt batteries are second gen, sealed if you choose auto and regulated unlike the KR808D1's at myvaporstore. Those things may or may not be important to you.

V2 may sell sealed autos now, not sure, but they are still unregulated.

There are horizontal or vertical coil kr808d cartos available at a number of places, you may prefer one over the other.

Last edited:

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
    NC, USA
    The volt batteries are second gen, sealed if you choose auto and regulated unlike the KR808D1's at myvaporstore. Those things may or may not be important to you.

They might be, the regulated battery is supposed to hold a steady voltage while the unregulated should vary by as much as .6v between fully charged and nearly empty. Barely noticeable for me. Keep meaning to dig out my multimeter and verify that they are performing as they should, but bottom line for me is they both work well. I have used just about everything on unsealed autos already (including dripping clearos I would never put on them again) without killing one, so I am not too worried about that either. But YMMV, and I agree the Volt batteries are very nice.

V2 obviously sells chargers for them, but the plus side is as long as you've made a purchase from them within 90 days, everything has a lifetime warranty. And their chargers prevent over charging, but go for the straight USB charger without the cable attached. They have wall chargers too. I'm just picky about keeping brand with brand. V2 also sells blank cartridges and ones that are refillable, as well as clearos that produce an even thicker vapor and better throat hit.

amaggarw

Moved On
    Jan 25, 2012
    Chicago
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Rules...

fourthrok

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    Volt is very good. I like their juices and their 808 cartomizers very much.

That said, their batteries while good are also quite expensive. ~25% more than very similar batteries. Best battery I have is a volt, but the one I just ordered is not, and price is the reason. They are good but perhaps not that good. Also the only way to get a charger from them seems to be to order an entire starter kit. .

Um...no...you can buy the chargers for the Volt, and the wall adapters, separate if you want to. You can buy the batteries too without having to buy the whole kit. Scroll down this page. Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

It's not​ the best idea to charge the V2 with the Volt and vice versa For one thing, the charging lights won't act right and you could mess up that way. Also, they are two different critters except for the threading. If you really want to keep going with the V2 (I used them for awhile a couple of years ago...they aren't bad, just a bit overpriced) here's a page with their chargers and some other accessories. Scroll down the page. E Cigarette Accessories at V2 Cigs

Good luck! There is nothing wrong with using V2 or the Volt (I've used both, and still use the Smokeless Image X2...which is basically a KR808D-1 eGo type battery). Mostly have fun...and don't feel intimidated to try stuff you really aren't sure about. You'll do fine with the V2 or Volt. Really. Grow at your own pace!

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
    NC, USA
    It's not​ the best idea to charge the V2 with the Volt and vice versa For one thing, the charging lights won't act right and you could mess up that way.

The charging lights on my cig20 charger are messed up when I charge the Volt on it. Still charges, but I dont like it and always use it in the MVS charger. That one works perfectly for me so far, again, YMMV.

Ironically, the other battery that is picky about charger is my original cig20 auto. It will only charge on the MVS charger. So I cant say I have any complaints on that purchase.

Someone mentioned Bloog, I havent tried them yet but I have read a lot of people put them in the same league as SI so I plan to order from them soon. And they have an even BETTER deal on XL batteries right now so I guess I will have to try one of theirs too. Their 102mm unsealed automatic or sealed manuals in certain colors are $5. Even in a crappy color, and even though they are being cheap and not listing the rated capacity just the physical size of the battery, I figure it's a chance to try them out with minimal investment. Their cartos are also on sale for $5/5, only blanks in crappy colors or less popular flavors, but again I figure a great chance to try their cartos and see for myself how they rate.

chillax

Oct 8, 2011
    Vancouver baby!
    Yup V2 Cigs are KR808D-1 here's a nice table with what brands are compatible with V2 Cigs: E-Cigarette Compatibility Chart
    Also here's a v2 cigs coupon you can use for 15% off starter kits RESOLUTION2013 I hope that helps!

So I was puffing my NJOY rechargeable and a friend apparently quit using V2 and pulled one out of her purse. I gave it a puff and holy crap the vape was SO much nicer than my enjoy. I was shocked and so was she as she said it was in her purse for likely 6 months or better with no charge. She tossed her other bat, charger and supplies from home and only had this battery. Long story short, she gave it to me and said "kill it and toss it if you want". Well I've killed it puffing away for a day and a half! This thing seems amazing. Can you guys point me to replacement chargers and more importantly REFILLABLE cartos for this thing? I'm thinking of getting the eRoll, but this seems like a viable option. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread