V2 updates, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
First post, new member, old guy, long-time analog smoker.

I've read what I could find here on V2, but most of the posts are old or closed, so I'd like some current updates on the V2.

I've tried one of the Mistic e-cigs that Walmart sells just to get a cheap intro to these new fangled things, and sort of liked them, so I searched and found some decent web sites for different brand starter kits. Guess I shouldn't believe what I read on the web, but anyway, I ordered a "Couples" starter kit from V2 and it should be here tomorrow. Then I see on the forum where every one says they're decent, but overpriced. I hadn't found this place before ordering, by the way.

Just wondering... Has their prices improved since the 2011 thread I was reading? Will I like them better than that Mistic, I'm wondering.

I plan on filling my own eventually, and liked the information V2 has on their site about how to do it all. For me, it's mostly about cost as long as I get the satisfaction of the old style cigarette out of these things. So if anyone wants to volunteer a cheaper cart source that works specifically with the V2 before I start ordering refills or blanks, a drip tip, and some form of juice to squirt in it, I'd be more that thankful.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I'm not too familiar with the V2. I did buy one of their passthroughs, but that's all. I know V2 has an 808 threading on the battery, so when you go to reorder cartos ect..you can get them from here.
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Image Electronic Cigarettes - The Future is in your hands

As far as cig look alikes the Volt from smokeless image is the best, so when it comes time to replace batterys, and IF you aren't ready for an upgrade yet, you can get replacements here as well. That way you're sticking with the 808 threading.

Welcome to ECF!

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I started with the v2 brand and found the battery life to be very low on even the xl -one lasted about 3.5 hrs. You will need multiples and have to charge all day. It is I believe 380mah and 100mah lasts about 1 hour of usage. They become very expensive using the cartos they supply in the long run. Also had ejuice flavor probs and shipping delays. I left them and went to the Kgo from Slb and for a starter kit it is excellent and reasonably priced at 1100mah. Also if you decide to upgrade to a ego twist later the kgo charger will work with them. The ego twist is what I now use as it is variable voltage and lasts all day and is not huge. It will work but be prepared for an upgrade.
A PBusardo Review - KGO Kit - Hoosier E Cig Supply - YouTube

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
Welcome to the forum. I am going to say that I am not sure what you are talking about regarding the ecig you chose however I will say that when I first started out I too looked for the least expensive way to do it. I quickly grew tired of having to change batteries constantly and having to carry multiple batteries / cartridges around with me. I moved up to another ecig but that was equally short in longevity for the battery but they were pink and I liked that :) ...

Recently I purchased an Ego-T 650mah battery and am able to vape the entire day on 1 battery. I know that when these burn out I am going to upgrade again to a variable voltage battery.

This whole ecig business is a matter of personal preference in the long run and a lot of hit and misses. You can come here to do research but in the end it matters what you like. There is a lot of information out there on different systems and some people spend a TON of money on their hardware but you don't have to. Start tooling around in here and I bet you can get a good idea of what works well for people who are trying to quit.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Daniel13

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Ohio
i started with V2 and still use them frequently, they're my "backup" and also my out and about ecig. i carry 2 batteries at all times though. the cartos they have are refillable and their liquid is still cheaper than analogs so you can still save money with them. i like their cartos, best i've used but i am a noob. and everything they say is right on, their cartridges last me exactly the same amount of time as a pack of cigarettes would but the batteries don't last long hence "i've got 2"

what i'm trying to say is, it is a great start, and you can always upgrade by just spending your "cigarette budget" like me (turned out to be more than i expected)

DirtyPaws

Sep 20, 2012
Minnesota, USA
I purchased a V2 earlier this month.

From my perspective, I had already quit analogs using a much less reputable brand, and knew I needed something that didn't seem as shady.

While they're probably not the "best of the best" - I'll probably be the first to admit that. They offer a very low level of entry. You don't need a mountain of research. To me, it was like Apple vs Windows. Windows when tweaked and maximized is a very stable and fast operating system, but, it's not very user friendly. Apple simply works (for your average user).

So while you could go the e-cig forum route of starting with a 510 from vendor A and a cartomizer from vendor B and juices from Vendor X. If you don't want the hassle - I wouldn't say you're going wrong with a V2.

Their forums and discussions are very passionate about their V2's, so you wont get an unbiased opinion there really.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
V2 ios not an approved ECF supplier, so you won't find a lot of information about them here. But they do have their own forum. You can find it by going to their website, and clicking on the "connect with us" tab. There are helpful V2 users there. V2 did cut all of their prices a couple months ago.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
Thanks all for the replies.

So the consensus is that V2 should eventually be replaced. Ego seems to be the preferred, but it seems like a lot of research in front of me.

My goal is to find a "style" of ecig that I like to use, one that I can refill myself and more than likely, mix my own flavors (whether it's just a nice tobacco flavor or something in addition to tobacco).

As always, it seems that money is tight at the moment, so finding the right stuff is important as soon as possible, so as I don't waste a lot of money on hardware. Of course, those real cigarettes cost a lot of money, so once I get started on the new things, there will be some wiggle room.

I'm curious as to why V2 isn't an "official" supplier.

Again, thanks.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
So the consensus is that V2 should eventually be replaced. Ego seems to be the preferred, but it seems like a lot of research in front of me.
The eGo fires at 3.4 volts while the Kgo fires at 3.7 volts. Kgo is less expensive and a good starter kit can be had for $50.00 Batteries come in 650 mah and 1000 mah- 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge required.
My goal is to find a "style" of ecig that I like to use, one that I can refill myself and more than likely, mix my own flavors (whether it's just a nice tobacco flavor or something in addition to tobacco).
There's basically 2 parts to a PV- the battery and the delivery system. By using a different delivery system you can fill your own cartomizers with juice bought separately or fill clearomizers or tank systems (Vivi Nova). Understand with some small cig sized PVs you are limited to certain delivery systems as the battery cannot handle it.
As always, it seems that money is tight at the moment, so finding the right stuff is important as soon as possible, so as I don't waste a lot of money on hardware.
I agree and in a very short time you would be looking to upgrade from the V2= added expense.
I'm curious as to why V2 isn't an "official" supplier.
They choose not to be ECF listed and I believe it's because of the competing products here at ECF.

Ceelibs

Aug 12, 2012
Boerne TX
I started vaping about two months ago and V2 was the 1st brand of hardware I used. They work fine for someone just getting started...helped me kick a 27 year 2PAD habit with my first pull on one so I`d say they`re A-OK. That said, knowing now what I didnt 2 months ago V@ makes a decent if not slightly high priced piece for the money, I prefer the SI Volt stuff more, the batts have more oomph and the carts are waay superior but V2`s juice is better(to me) on average (rockin some Sahara in a SI cart as I type this).

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If you want an eGo which is 510 threaded (thus the majority of things fit that connection) and are strapped for money, here is a very basic $20 kit. I suggest adding a Twist to it, and of course you will need some juice to put in the clearo you get with it.

Mini Starter Kit - 650mah - Black - DiscountVapers.com
Ths custom kit consists of:

1. (1) eGo 650 mAh battery
2. (1) CE4+ V2 Clearomizers with Long Wicks
3. (1) Charging cable for eGo battery
4. (1) gift Tin with padded pockets

and the Juice:

A one time free 10ml sample bottle of juice of your choice - with free shipping from VapeDudes.com. They give out 15 a day, counter gets reset at 12 midnight Texas time every day (coupon code fbfree).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread