V2/Zerocig compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanaOnWheels

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2013
Yeah, I read the same warning somewhere before - that if the company doesn't give the size, be leery of them. The reviews I've seen have all been positive, though, so I was willing to give them a try, as a store has just opened 2 minutes away from my house. I wanted to try the cartridges before investing in another system; I did not care for the V2 cartridges, though to be fair, I only tried their menthol.

Currently, I'm using GreenSmartLiving, which I like - the cartridges, anyway - but the batteries keep failing on me after only a few weeks.

While it's possible that I might eventually try out a more sophisticated system, I would like to stick with the cigarette lookalikes for now. Part of my addiction is the motion of smoking, and these offer the closest similarities.

MTLBYAKY

Jana~

Wildbyrd

Sep 8, 2013
Quebec
As on their site : Vapor4life, White Cloud, SmokeTip, Premium, EonSmoke et autres e-cigarettes de type E8/KR808D-1, mais avec l’introduction du nouveau adaptateur V2, encore plus de cartouches (« cartomizers ») peuvent maintenant être utilisées avec V2 Cigs, tels que: Greensmoke, Red Dragon, Bloog, E-9, Vapures, Fumée 51 DUO, eSmoke, South Beach Smoke et autres e-cigarettes de type E9/KR808D-2.

Cigarettes Electroniques V2 Cigs | Cigarettes Electroniques

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
h0bnail,

Thanks for the info! Really, I'm just looking at the Zerocig compatibility because of the store's proximity to my house. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, LOL, and hate waiting for packages to arrive in the mail. (smile)

I know what you mean. However, one has to draw the line.... that is a bogus dealer selling rubbish products for terrible prices.

JanaOnWheels

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2013

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you're not buying their batteries, but only the cartomizers, it's not a big risk. A 5-pack of cartomizers shouldn't be over $10. But, if they aren't compatible, you do know that they're going to try to sell you an entire kit. So, make sure to be prepared for that before you go in.

It would be wiser to just order some cartomizers from Smokeless Image or Bloog. A vendor that has a good reputation for both really good cartomizers and for good customer service.

I've bought from SI before. I love their cartos. And they have a discount code (CompareOur808d) for 15% off cartomizers only. Or 10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase. It's a safer bet. And, their shipping is fast.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Um, actually, I don't think it's a bogus dealer, or if it is, they'll probably get sued or something - they're using Zerocigs logos and such: Electronic Cigarettes by ZEROCIG - Vaping Superstore Corona, CA, 92882 - YP.com

I'm not sure if the products are rubbish; the reviews I've seen so far have all been positive.

And the prices are very reasonable.

Hi again Jana.

I can only speak as I find, and I do so from bitter experience. Nothing on there is a reasonable price. Reviews for products on most e-cig sites (especially those selling mini/look-a-like) are generally not to be trusted.
They have a Kanger evod set for $49.99. I bought one of these only last week with a glass clearomiser (also re-branded to a specific vendor) for $31.00 (UK equivalent).

If you want to buy from them, go for it. I never get upset about being told to mind my own business, as long as people have heard both sides of the story. The express kit style package is available for $12 in the UK.

JanaOnWheels

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2013
Eek, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as if I was telling you to mind your own business. I posted so that I could get feedback, after all! :)

I was just explaining my side of things, as I had found things to be while researching. The reviews I read weren't on their site, but on various review sites that I happened upon after 'Googling' it.

On their site, the basic starter kit is $19.99 for the battery, charger, and 2 cartridges - I have found that to be fairly common. I paid the exact same amount for my GreenSmartLiving starter kit. When buying the V2 starter kit, it came with a battery, a charger, 5 cartridges, and one disposable for $39.99... So, for 3 extra cartridges and a disposable, $20 more than the other starter kits. Which seemed comparable, except that I didn't like the cartridges; they were harsh on my throat.

What I'd really like to find is an e-cig that has good cartridges, with batteries that don't quit after 3 weeks, and preferably that I can buy in person, not online. When I learned that we had this new Zerocig store here in town, I got excited, because maybe I just found what I was looking for! Yay! But, maybe not, LOL. I'll at least go check out the store and see what I think.

Thanks so much for the feedback, and I apologize if I implied that your comments were unwelcome.

MTLBYAKY

Jana~

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Jana, you are blameless. :)

There are just so many stories about people buying simple look-a-like e-cigs and getting into hundreds of $ or £ expenditure before realising just how expensive some brands are.

I started with a brand that promised many things, none of which are true.
Mostly, the batteries are very cheap and don't last long, not to mention give up after a month. I have discovered on my journey that the batteries I bought for $16 are $2.89 from the Chinese wholesaler. The cartomizers are equivalent to 6-8 real smokes (of the brand I was using) and yet the shop insisted there was 40 cigarettes-worth of nicotine and puffs.

Sadly, for the time being, price is just "open season" on unsuspecting newbies.

There are some excellent small e-cigs on the market, but they are hard to find, especially buying in person from a store.
I wish you luck. :)

JanaOnWheels

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2013
Sadly, for the time being, price is just "open season" on unsuspecting newbies.

LOL, well, I am that, in a way. I've done a lot of reading, but since I don't know the lingo yet, I'm pretty much prey right now. I've been relying heavily on reviews at this point, though I started using my current system only because it was easily available to me at my local smoke shop. It's an okay system; it loses points for the poor battery life. It charges well, and lasts a decent amount of time once charged, but dies after just a few weeks.

Now, if I could find a decent battery that these cartridges will fit on to, I'd be happy with that, but most batteries I've seen are 'male'; this battery is 'female'.

MTLBYAKY

Jana~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread