V4L CoolCart review: a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hey all;

Just got my V4L CoolCarts in today, and seeing as there's no great depth of information on them I figured I'd give them a proper review.

First off, these are just a *smidgen* taller than a V4L premium. Rougly 1-2mm taller, barely noticeable unless you stick the two next to one another. These cartos, with condoms, fit inside the PCC slots perfectly, if not a bit more loosely (i.e. you don't have to "press them in there", they just slide into place) and don't leave as much of a gap at the end.

juice capacity: I just finished filling one up, and the claims are true: I fit nearly 40 drops in there...38 big drops, to be exact. When filling cartos, I use the method where one would simply use a straight metal tool (in my case, an iPhone SIM card tool) to pop the top off and drip down the sides of the carto while holding it at a slight angle. Once I replaced the cap, I only had a slight amount of run-out, maybe a half-drop. Whenever I experience that, what tells me is that there's some juice trapped in the hole, so I blew that little bit out. I'm gonna say maybe a 2-drop-or-less loss altogether, so that's a net total of 36 drops in capacity. :D :D :D

Vapor production: These things produce almost the same amount of vapor as the Premiums, in my opinion. Very thick, rolling, hanging clouds of vapor. The draw light enough that it doesn't feel like I have to strain myself to use them, yet tight enough that I feel that "satisfactory feeling" when taking a hit. Too loose a draw leaves me feeling like something's missing, for some reason. These draw perfectly, so far.

Flavor reproduction: I've started my day out by vaping on the V4L Premiums, which actually produce the flavor of my Green Apple juice the best I've ever experienced, even better than dripping onto an atty or using a 510 carto. That said, I'm not too sure if these are doing a beter job of flavor reproduction or not. One thing's for sure, they're definitely par (in this category) with the Premiums.

Throat Hit: Another one I'm really not too sure of. While I would *like* to say that the CoolCarts have less TH, I can't say that with certainty yet. Being a very logical, scientific-minded person, I think there could be a couple things interfering with my ability to differentiate, such as the sensitivity of my palate, time using the Premiums today, etc. One thing I am sure of: if there is any real difference between the two, it is only *very slightly* lower in TH for the CoolCarts than for the Premiums.

Alright, so that's it for now...I'm going to keep spending some time with these here CoolCarts in order to make some more solid findings. That, and I wanna figure out exactly how long one of these will last me, as a heavy vaper, before I have to refill it.

Happy Vaping, everyone!! :D

*UPDATE*
Alright, on the capacity...While the first fill got me ~36 net drops, the first refill got me something like ~25. I know these don't run anywhere near as hot as the Premiums...But I was expecting that 36 drops would last me half the day. Not so much the case: I filled that first CoolCart at, I dunno, 12:30...I had to refill it (due to burnt/marshmellow-y taste) at around 3:30ish. Now, it's not like I sat here for 3hrs and did nothing but chain-vape...I vaped a good lot, but nothing like I usually do at night...

Seeing as the refill was roughly 2/3 of the primary fill, I'm guessing that either (A) there was a lot of juice that didn't wick down to the bottom, or (B) that CoolCarts get less MPG than Premiums (i.e. they're juice-hogs). That kinda makes sense, because these CoolCarts do produce, hmmm...let's use a term from the Leaford vernacular...WOW vapor! And that's in comparison to the Premiums using the exact same juice. These straight-up beat the tar outta Premiums when it comes to vapor production.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread