V4L customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is really really sucky that people would do that and take advantage of you guys. thats just such a awful thing to do.

I think that the idea of having the person include their order number is really good. its so easy to look up on our acc on the site that it would be easy for us to include and hopefully it wouldnt add too much extra work for you and would stop people taking advantage of your awesome warranty.

fwm

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Arkansas
I'm sorry, Steve, that you have to deal with mean, mean people! If these jerks don't want to play nice and be a member of our family, then they need to go away! I hate it when mean people do everything they can to screw up something nice! Get them, Gamer - well said! Hang in there V4L - we love ya......and how DARE them try taking advantage when you kindness already overflows without problems!

impcat

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
North Carolina
This is a rather (personally) embarrassing and long story--one which does not shine particularly well upon myself. It does go to show, however, that in having a forgiving heart and the ability to overlook "growing pains," good things can happen.

When I first heard about V4L, I had already been somewhat burned by two other e-cig companies. Not only was I unsatisfied with the products that I had received (and for which I had been horrifically overcharged), I was very dismayed at the lack of concern in their customer service departments.

A friend suggested that I try V4L as she had been very pleased with her consumer experiences with them. I came to this sub-forum and read up a bit on the company and reviewed all of the positive comments. I decided to give V4L a try--I knew that my previously purchased products were already failing and I would need a replacement quckly.

Well, I placed my first order for two XL batteries and a wall charger. I received my order in two days. Wow! I couldn't believe the shipping was SO fast! I sat down that evening with my shiny new batteries and vaped till I couldn't vape any longer. The next morning, I put one battery on the charger and it wouldn't charge. I tried everything I had read about on the forum to ensure that there was a good connection between the charger and the battery, all to no avail.

I finally sat down with the other battery to vape away some of the stress. I had nothing but problems--I couldn't get a draw on that battery unless I lightly blew into the hole in the carto end and then inhaled, and then I couldn't get the battery to stop its connection until I lightly blew again into the carto hole. I was very unhappy, and thought I had been taken advantage of again.

I contacted who I later came to know as Val at customer service. She told me to make a comment in my next order so that they could send me replacements, or to let her know if I was not going to order for a while, and they would take care of it right away. Since my social security payday was only a few days away, I told her I would wait and just put a comment on my next order. Payday came around and I put the comment on my order--a few days later my order arrived with two new batteries. Sadly, one of the batteries also wouldn't charge and the threads on the second battery were such that I couldn't even get a carto screwed onto it. To top it all off, there was a stamped note on the bottom of my invoice asking me to return the defective batteries. (There is more to this story that I will touch on shortly.)

Needless to say, I was very perturbed by this point. I was also rather confused by my friend's insistence that this was a great company--how could this be so if the first 4 out of 5 products I had purchased were defective?!

I sent a not so nice PM to Steve and really railed on how it was extremely inconvenient for me to continue going through such hassles. I told him about being terminally ill and having to schedule trips out of the house to get to the post office, and that had I known I would need to return those defective batteries at my expense, I would have made other arrangements. I was embarrassingly rude to Steve. My behavior and attitude was totally out of line and inappropriate.

I felt so badly about having written in such an ugly manner that the next morning I wrote another private message to Steve--apologizing for my previous message. I sincerely felt, and still do feel, horribly for my outburst. I never received a response from Steve to either of my private messages. Frankly, if I had received a message like the first one that Steve received from me, I am not so sure that I would have responded either. I harbor no hard feelings for not having received a response--what I did/said was out of line.

I have never received any extra goodies thrown in with either of my small orders--even in support of the defective products that I had received. After my outburst to Steve, I am not surprised. I figured he had probably made a note on my account to not send me anything extra.

The only reason I bring this whole extras/surprises/goodies thing up, is because I want to clarify something--even with all of the issues that I had at first, and the inconveniences of having to mail back defective products, I have become a V4L'er for life. I love the products, and the visions that Steve apparently has for the future, keep me excited about what might be on the horizon for the vaping community.

Steve's attention to detail, interest in producing the BEST products on the market, desire to keep his entire V4L "family" satisfied, have all caused me to re-evaluate what it is that I want in determining with which company I wish to become associated.

The most important thing that I look for in dealing with any of the dozens of doctors that I see every month, is whether or not my needs are being met, my questions answered and acknowledged, and my concerns dealt with appropriately. I expect nothing less in my dealings with a retail establishment--and i have found exactly that with V4L.

This has turned out to be an incredibly long post, so I will close for now. However, I do wish to say one last thing--publicly--to Steve.

Steve, I am VERY sorry for having gone off on such a tangent in my private message to you a few weeks ago. I should have given V4L, and especially you, the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically assuming that your company was just the same as so many others out there--including the two with whom I had such a horrible experience before finding V4L.

While I have no idea how long I might be around due to my failing health, until such time that I take my leave, I shall remain a sincere and devoted V4L'er. I wish only the best for V4L, for you and your family--both real and internet. I hope that someday you will be able to find it in your heart to fogive me for being so quick to jump the gun regarding my initial battery issues. I am so very sorry.

(ETA: I did send all four defective batteries back to V4L. They cannot address and correct problems/issues, if they do not know wherein lie the problems. Certainly that makes sense to me, as I would hope it makes sense to anyone who has ever received a defective product.)

Last edited:

TheVTech

ECF Veteran
I sort of expected a thread like this, due to finding, and confronting a few customers yesterday, one of whom had purchased 4 times from us, for about 80 bucks total. Mostly 5ml juice, he put in comments that he talked to steve, and was told we would replace 30ml white chocolate strawberry. Well, he NEVER even bought it, nor ANY 30ml bottles. I hate having to be confrontational, but, enough, is enough. I had found a few others requesting more battery, and passthru replacements, than they ever bought. I even replaced a battery which was bought 9 months ago.(pretty silly, but, I hate to say no)

This one guy, when confronted, threatened us, and hung up.

The larger our family grows, the larger the headaches.

All I want to do biz with, are my V4L Family, and take care of you, the way I like to be treated.

Thank you

Steve:cool:

It's appreciated Steve and everyone else at V4L. There will always be those that you can never please or who look to start trouble.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Ok I'm loyal 2 V4L cause they r the cheapest around and I had a reg kamel I ordered menthol to get me off analogs and they sent at no charge or return of the 30 bucks (30 cartos) of menthol. Their CS is great if u talk 2 val or mark. I don't want to see threads of ppl dissing them cause val has personally helped me and she is the best. I personally think ur ... read it wrong they might have said that when u do a next order that they will give it to u, I'd tell them I'm not ordering anyrthing else I just wanted a passthru can u please send me a new one?

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Ok I'm loyal 2 V4L cause they have the best CS I've ever experienced. Even better then actual stores!and they r the cheapest around and I had a reg kamel I ordered menthol to get me off analogs and they sent at no charge or return of the 30 bucks (30 cartos) of menthol. Their CS is great if u talk 2 val or mark. I don't want to see threads of ppl dissing them cause val has personally helped me and she is the best. I personally think ur ... read it wrong they might have said that when u do a next order that they will give it to u, I'd tell them I'm not ordering anyrthing else I just wanted a passthru can u please send me a new one?

lonercom

ECF Veteran
@IMPCAT

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. I hope that you can find a pleasant moment or two each day to enjoy and commit to memory for the long journey ahead. My faith tells me that preparing to "cross the bar" is far more frightening than the journey itself and I hope that you find that to be the case.

Until then, I will keep a good thought for you.

Crossing the Bar

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

Last edited:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Impcat - it takes a big person to step up say they were wrong! I am sorry to hear of your failing health, that would tend to make anyone more on edge I imagine! Sending prayers your way and hoping you are feeling well!

+1

Prayers and mojo sent, hoping that every day is a good day!

impcat

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks for your well wishes and kind thoughts, guys.

I honestly didn't mention my health status for any kind of attention. It was simply mentioned because when I wrote to Steve I was frustrated about having to be what I deemed inconvenienced by having to go to such extremes as to have to send back a defective product. (Please note, self-directed sarcasm is very heavy in that last sentence.)

Any perceived inconvenience was highly misplaced and inappropriate. If I buy something at WalMart and it proves to be defective, I have to return that product to the store in order to have it replaced. Purchasing a less than perfect item from V4L, in my opinion, is no different.

I over-reacted, and admittedly probably raised my discontent by referring back to the unpleasant experiences I had just endured from those other two e-cig companies. I was very wrong to have taken that unhappiness out on Steve and/or V4L.

When I am wrong, I have no problem owning up to it. I am not perfect (even though I would like to believe the opposite! LOL).

Steve did not deserve to be at the receiving end of my wrath over what I "assumed" was going to happen based solely on previous experiences with other companies. V4L deserved the benefit of any doubts I harbored.

Anyone who has an issue should afford Steve and his company the same benefit of the doubt--if not happy with the first response, go to Steve directly. I would almost bank on the thought that a dissatisfied consumer would walk away with a much different outlook and perception of V4L and what the company wishes are for its customer base.

This whole whining and complaining in public instead of talking directly to someone who can fix things is just wrong. Steve has posted numerous times on this forum that if you have a problem, to contact him directly and he will deal with it. He has posted email addresses, phone numbers and other contact information.

So, why is it necessary to come in to the forum to express dissatisfaction, unless it is solely to cause dissent and problems? If those are the reasons for publicly denouncing a company so strongly, then it sounds like a sad case of childish jealousy and/or envy.

I have never encountered a company wherein the owner is SO absolutely set on customer satisfaction, and THAT is why V4L is, and shall remain, the company to receive my business.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I don't even want to imagine the multitude of orders that Steve and the gang over at V4L are going through. That's an insane amount of work for four people. 8-o

Has anyone looked at their order numbers lately?

My order # on January was 16434. The order I placed yesterday is number 32742. That is 16308 orders in just over two months. I think they are doing an awesome job with the obscene number of orders they have coming in. It is not unreasonable to make a few mistakes when dealing with that amount of merchandise.

V4L, just keep doing what you're doing. You all are doing great.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
To be Exact - January 19th mine was #16769 and last one was 3/22 #32611
WOW!!

See, phenomenal growth.

@ Impcat

Whatever your reason for posting, we still LOVE ya. Quit fussin and let us give ya a hug!

Yeah, what loner said. Warm wishes and prayers headed your way.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Hugs and well wishes to you, impcat! :wub:

And while you may feel badly about the initial tone of your PM to Steve at the very least you contacted him PRIVATELY to voice your displeasure and gave v4l a chance to make things right.

Unlike the bunch of yahoos who come on here screaming from the get go: MY BATTERY IS DEAD!!!!! Notice me, validate me, give me free stuff for my trouble :rolleyes:

Most suppliers of KR8 models have a 14 day warranty - 14 days!

Loner: I LOVE Tennyson!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread