Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
LOL Gator! That looks like a great recipe! I love it :) Thank you!

Here's one I know Lady.... I'm not sure how it turns out... but it's bound to be good... I got it off the internet :p

Kahlua Cake

1 Tsp. Sugar
1 or 2 Quarts of Kahlua
1 Cup Dried Fruit
Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Soda
1 Cup Butter
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Baking Powder
3 Juiced Lemons
1 Cup of Nuts

Before starting, sample Kahlua to check quality. Good, isn't it? Now proceed.

Select large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.

Check Kahlua again. It must be just right. To be sure Kahlua is of proper quality, pour one level cup of Kahlua into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add 1 seaspoon of thusar and beat again.

Meanwhile, make sure Kahlua is still alrighty. Try another cup. Open second quart if necessary.

Add leggs, 2 cups of fried druit and beat til high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, pry loose with drewscriber.

Sample Kahlua again, checking for tonscisticity.

Next, sift 3 cups pepper or salt (really doesn't matter).

Sample Kahlua.

Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar-or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Pour mess into boven and ake.

Check Kahlua again and bo to ged.

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
Absolutely "right on" bjfgator! At the risk of adding to the existing distention, I need to say that Snowdragon is far too valuable of a member to let something so trivial cause him to banned. I so regret this for everyone on the forum. What a shame! Surely I must have missed something? This makes no sense to me folks!

Thank you for your concern. I try not to assume what other people know and only request the same consideration.

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
LOL Gator! I'm sure I will use Joyce's, but you have to admit...the other one is entertaining, eh?
hehe.gif

Lady, you should probably make the one with Joyce's recipe.
I don't know about you, but I would pass out at the fried druit part from all that alcohol. I'm a lightweight.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Absolutely "right on" bjfgator! At the risk of adding to the existing distention, I need to say that Snowdragon is far too valuable of a member to let something so trivial cause him to banned. I so regret this for everyone on the forum. What a shame! Surely I must have missed something? This makes no sense to me folks!

Lets see if I can help you understand. When a member has a huge file with numerous complaints filed by many different people for abusive behaviors towards them the member gets banned. It takes time and repetitive behavior to reach that point. It didnt happen in one day. I hope it helps you to understand the situation. It was not caused by a single incident,You get plenty of warnings before action is taken.

bjfgator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Nutter Fort, WV
I do have one thing to add Lady. In other forums I have been members people could report someone or click on an alert button to report them. Many times, those reports just added to a count without being investigated. Then, when the number reached a certain level, the system would automatically kick them or alert a mod to kick them. I don't know how it operates here but in other forums, people could contrive together to gang up on a certain person and report them over and over again to have them removed. Now that has been over a year ago on another unrelated forum. I don't know if that sort of thing happens here but I don't see much difference in the technology. Unless every click is investigated before being added to the count and the person notified of the click then I don't see it as being a sound system. But, since I don't know how it operates here on the click alerts I can't speak for how the counts are tallied. On other sites, it has amounted to nothing more than a group controlling the population whether or not that person actually did anything wrong or not. Perhaps there is a list somewhere for veteran members to view the alert clicks. I was told by the forum manager that all that information is private between the person being banned and the moderator and that moderators are not allowed to share that information with anyone else. But, it seems strange that so many people other than moderators seem to alude to information they have that no one else has.... so there must be a list somewhere for a certain level of membership. There could be no other explanation for it. Perhaps someone will clarify how the alert system works and what information each level of membership is privy to. For my own personal edification, I would like to know what happens when someone clicks on your post as an alert. Is it investigated? or just added to your count?

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
All alerts are investigated and then filed. In fact when you appeal a ban everything is then gone over a 2nd time to be sure that the situation was handled properly. Im not downing or defending anyone. Im just explaining that the system works. It doesnt just happen due to a few people not liking you.

Any information I get comes directly from the people affected by the situation. Not from ECF. It works the same,but on a much smaller level when you moderate a group.I have been a moderator for PIF for a while. Things are handled fairly.

Last edited:

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Ms Gator, I think you may be making the same mistake I did earlier. This is not a democratic system , and there is no accountability or transparency. Like any other system managed by human beings, it can be abused by some, and whatever important processes happen do so behind closed doors... I have gotten myself involved in many forums and had to re reach that conclusion many times.

Sorta OT, was the cake made? Was there caramel? Any left? :)

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
I so wish everyone would drop it as it wont change anything .
As Keyzygirl said ,they dont just randomly ban you on ecf,nor for saying something unpopular ,nor even if 100 people complain .
Sure there's transperancy ,in every post ...You will never know what has transpired over the last year and a half ,long before v4l forum started ,unless you could talk to people who arent even here anymore ...its like taking sides in a marriage of which you know nothing about ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread