V4L left a bad taste in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
I will never order from this company again. I will be scanning there invoice and posting it here on this thread as soon as I get home and to my PC. It looked like a three year old or a drunk guy was checking off the order as he was filling it. I was missing 5 out of the 10 juices I ordered! Half the order missing! WTF? I contacted them and told them I wanted my money back. There response was let us know the missing ones and we will send them right out. Well I figured I would give them a chance, so I emailed back the ones I was missing. They said they would ship it out on Tuesday. Here it is Saturday and I am still missing Half my order! If I ran one of these ecig businesses I would be all over customer service since it is so easy to find a new supplier! I would have put it in next day mail or something to get it to the customer ASAP! I got my order from Freedomsmoke this week. It was in the mail for 2 days! granted they are on the same side of the country as me but, it will be 8 days since they said they sent it out, on Monday. If it comes Monday.

MikeyB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
GA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: overly insulting language

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Sorry you had a bad experience with Vapor4Life. It is not typical. I've ordered from them for a year now, and the longest I have ever waited for an order is 3 days. If they are sending the missing pieces, then they have honored their word. Delays in delivery occur for many reasons. I sold a phone on Ebay, for instance, and the buyer was upset because she had not gotten it. I sent her a picture of the mailing receipt, and when she checked further, she found that USPS had filed the package under the wrong name. All ended happily. So will this.

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
I have only ever ordered only from V4L Since I started vaping 4 months ago. Have they made some errors, yes they have. Once they missed one bottle of Juice on the order, once they sent some nasty tasting carts and once they sent the wrong juice. Here is the thing though. I never had to call them I just shot them an email or made a comment in the comment section on my next order (yes they read them!!) and they fixed it, No questions asked! They didn't even ask for the wrong juice back. To me that is stellar customer service. Sure I would love to see less mistakes, but its how they take care of the mistakes that is what really matters. The only reason I haven't had to shop around is that they have taken care of me even when things go wrong. Im sorry you feel the way you do, but at least to me V4L has been more then awesome.

Last edited:

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
I've ordered maybe 8 times since June and have never had missing items until recently, I guess they are flooded with orders now resulting in mistakes. But still, I think they should hire someone to QC the orders before shipment, or change their picking system.
For the lost cost of shipping the missing items, they should be able to justify an extra head for QC duty.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: overly insulting language

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I am sorry you are not finding your experience with V4L pleasant. I have ordered from them many times over the past year, and yes, there have been a few mishaps here and there, but they have always more then made it up to me. Having dealt with other vendors prior to V4L, I can tell you - when things go wrong (and they always will no matter who you are buying from) nobody beats V4L for customer satisfaction. Not only that, but the ecig and products they sell are head and shoulders above the others.

I hope things get straightened out successfully for you! :)

Cookie278

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Pullman, WA
I too have been happy with V4L's customer service. I had a pass thru that died, they shipped a replacement right out. This morning I had a month old battery die and I shot them a email and I expect a replacement to be sent out mon or tues. Will let you know. But I have seen nothing that leads to me to think it won't. Keep in mind, no company is perfect and deserves the benefit of the doubt when mistakes happen, unless it is a ongoing problem with multiple people and I just haven't seen that with V4L. This is a small community, bad product and bad service, will quickly kill a business.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
Although I've only ordered twice from them their customer service has been amazing. I will order everything from them. I had an issue with USPS losing a package and V4L reshipped the order even though it wasn't their mistake. I can assure you they will take care of you!

Well I never received a tracking number from them, for this package. It would be hard at this point to blame the USPS. I would think they would track it just to be sure it makes it. Then they could blame the USPS?

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
I too have been happy with V4L's customer service. I had a pass thru that died, they shipped a replacement right out. This morning I had a month old battery die and I shot them a email and I expect a replacement to be sent out mon or tues. Will let you know. But I have seen nothing that leads to me to think it won't. Keep in mind, no company is perfect and deserves the benefit of the doubt when mistakes happen, unless it is a ongoing problem with multiple people and I just haven't seen that with V4L. This is a small community, bad product and bad service, will quickly kill a business.

This is why I decided to go with V4L, this small community has been pleased with there service, from what I have read. Maybe they are getting to busy,(by the looks of the scribbles on my invoice, they look tired!) to keep a happy customer base, they should hire a QC person.

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I hope you get it Monday. I would be quite shocked to learn that they had not followed through on a promise. I guess that anything is possible where humans are involved. I know that I try to order things early friday mornings, which usually means missing out on some of their sales, but orders place over the weekend or on Mondays , Tuesdays of after a national holiday have a greater chance of having mistakes due to the volume of orders that they have to process. My best guess is that they took the written CS order and filled/shipped it on Weds to ensure it got more personal attention. No tracking number is simply a matter of no electronic order to attach it to and the number of CS orders that they may have at any given time.

I don't think the .......ed you over. let us know when you get it and I hope you enjoy some of the extras that they usually throw in to make op for the inconvenience.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
:glare: This is the stuff I absolutely hate, THERE HAS BEEN NON STOP SALES!!! They are busy trying to get most likely 1k orders ready to ship. Yes I have had mistakes made in my orders in the past, but you know, they usually send a hand written note (I have gotten one from Mark and Steve) saying how sorry they are, and they usually throw something in. I tend to not let anything like this get me down, because I have been dealing with them for 5 or 6 months now, but I do love the CS they give me.

I usually never ever have a problem with their CS, but if I do, I call the number on the card, I speak to Kristy (I think that is her name) and she sends me to Mark, Steve or when Leaford was here, sometimes him, and get it straightened out.

A perfect example was when I ordered my 1st XL's I clicked auto by accident and wanted manuals, I called Mark up and he switched it in a neck of time. I have had an item missing when I first started, they sent the few items out the next day WITH a tracking number. I got it in 2 days.

If you are not happy that is fine, but DO NOT post stuff on the boards! You get people that are loyal ......, and new people worried.

TrashcanCandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
St. Rose, LA
www.facebook.com
Well I never received a tracking number from them, for this package. It would be hard at this point to blame the USPS. I would think they would track it just to be sure it makes it. Then they could blame the USPS?

Umm...sorry to be condescending here, but this is definitely a "duh" moment... Reply to their email and ask for the tracking number then. That's what I did, and they provided me with one.

TrashcanCandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
St. Rose, LA
www.facebook.com
:glare: This is the stuff I absolutely hate, THERE HAS BEEN NON STOP SALES!!! They are busy trying to get most likely 1k orders ready to ship. Yes I have had mistakes made in my orders in the past, but you know, they usually send a hand written note (I have gotten one from Mark and Steve) saying how sorry they are, and they usually throw something in. I tend to not let anything like this get me down, because I have been dealing with them for 5 or 6 months now, but I do love the CS they give me.

I usually never ever have a problem with their CS, but if I do, I call the number on the card, I speak to Kristy (I think that is her name) and she sends me to Mark, Steve or when Leaford was here, sometimes him, and get it straightened out.

A perfect example was when I ordered my 1st XL's I clicked auto by accident and wanted manuals, I called Mark up and he switched it in a neck of time. I have had an item missing when I first started, they sent the few items out the next day WITH a tracking number. I got it in 2 days.

If you are not happy that is fine, but DO NOT post stuff on the boards! You get people that are loyal ......, and new people worried.

And you, sir, need to calm down a little bit. He has a right to post his complaints. If people get ......, that's their own problem...they chose to react that way. If people worry, that's also their own problem for reacting based on one person's outrage at a little mistake and shipping time during a sale despite everyone else's reassurance that things will work out. V4L's not delicate. The company's not gonna shatter over a little bit of commotion on a message board. Have some faith in what you yourself are saying.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
And you, sir, need to calm down a little bit. He has a right to post his complaints. If people get ......, that's their own problem...they chose to react that way. If people worry, that's also their own problem for reacting based on one person's outrage at a little mistake and shipping time during a sale despite everyone else's reassurance that things will work out. V4L's not delicate. The company's not gonna shatter over a little bit of commotion on a message board. Have some faith in what you yourself are saying.

Well it is also been asked by the owners NOT to post complaints on the forum, but PM, Email and Call them.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
Well it is also been asked by the owners NOT to post complaints on the forum, but PM, Email and Call them.

WTF are forums for then? This is a wake up call. They can take a little constructive criticism for example; Always give a tracking number, send one day mail on these kinda mistakes(maybee I was buying a birthday gift and now the birthday has passed?). I did email them my concern's on Friday and, Saturday I received a reply "it is on it's way!" no tracking number, no ETA. Just "it is on it's way!" But hate away hater, I can't stop your hate.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Well if you ask an old timer what the forums are for, it is to have fun, chat with each other. ask a new person, it is for questions. But once you start complaining about how bad CS and everything is, it makes a company look bad, take what you said Mi What are the forums for then? Ok lets say you had a company, and all that was on your board was complaints, you would not get customers now would you?

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
Well if you ask an old timer what the forums are for, it is to have fun, chat with each other. ask a new person, it is for questions. But once you start complaining about how bad CS and everything is, it makes a company look bad, take what you said Mi What are the forums for then? Ok lets say you had a company, and all that was on your board was complaints, you would not get customers now would you?

Well kid, I would try and clean up my act and, try and address the complaints. If I had a board full of complaints, Which V4L does not have, this is why I went there in the first place, I would have to take a good look at myself. If This is made right I will be writing a good report on here. I am not here to ruin them in any way! If they are too busy to handle the order load, hire someone that can handle it! It is not my fault they have so many orders they fail to satisfy the customer! Why should I suffer from it?

TrashcanCandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
St. Rose, LA
www.facebook.com
Well, then, the problem isn't with what is said. Perhaps it is with how it is said. There is a difference between constructive criticism and complaint, after all.

Maybe instead of heated complaints, a post like this could have been worded something like:
"Due to a recent problem with my order, I have a few suggestions for how V4L's customer service could be improved. _______, ________, _______, etc. What do you all think?"

And instead of attacking somebody for complaining on the forums, maybe those responding could calmly and kindly bring it up that V4L has previously requested that complaints be taken up with their CS instead of openly on the forums.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
Well, then, the problem isn't with what is said. Perhaps it is with how it is said. There is a difference between constructive criticism and complaint, after all.

Maybe instead of heated complaints, a post like this could have been worded something like:
"Due to a recent problem with my order, I have a few suggestions for how V4L's customer service could be improved. _______, ________, _______, etc. What do you all think?"

And instead of attacking somebody for complaining on the forums, maybe those responding could calmly and kindly bring it up that V4L has previously requested that complaints be taken up with their CS instead of openly on the forums.

Point taken. I like you Trashcancandy!

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: quote of deleted post

Gravity

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: quote of deleted post

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com

krazie, you do need to settle down here a little. The thread was going along fine with advice and suggestions about gaining tracking and further information. People have a right to state their frustrations and, as happened in this thread, a calm discussion happened.

You know I love you kid, but you don't have to be the forum police.

Love,
Old timer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread