V4L left a bad taste in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Agree 100% - and had said as much, with some well-thought out examples, but they were all deleted because I objected to, and quoted MikeyB's ridiculous insulting epithet. In case the OP didn't see our comments, I'd like to point out that this kind of behavior, and rude treatment isn't typical of the V4L subforum regulars. But don't have the energy to try to repost other examples I pointed out in support of the OP stating his complaint...

not sure why it was necessary to delete the entire post, simply because I objected to an insult at the beginning of it

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I haven't bought from V4L since my first order for one reason only. My order processed for 8 freaking days and I emailed them on day 4 to make sure everything was okay with my order and they didn't respond til day 8 and what do you know! That was the day my order was shipped. Funny how that works...
EDIT: so my post isn't 100% negative- I did enjoy the juice.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
not sure why it was necessary to delete the entire post, simply because I objected to an insult at the beginning of it

A good rule of thumb for posting here on the ECF... if a post is objectionable and most likely a rule violation, quoting the post and responding to it instead of just reporting it is just as bad as posting it yourself. Not only are you duplicating the offending text, it creates more work for the moderators who then have to search through the rest of the forum to remove the quote from other posts.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Oh and also my 2 cents on the topic-I appreciate when people post their negative experiences. When I'm looking for a new supplier to buy from on here I check out their forum, look for the negative threads and read through them, assessing how they handled and corrected the situations. Then I look at the glowing happy reviews, and if they're good and balanced (ie, bad situation handled well, more glowing reviews than bad) I order and I usually don't ever regret it.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I can agree with creating work for moderators... sorry for that.
but "just as bad as the original"? ?!?!? wow I'll be sure to never speak up in defense of another person, because I'm apparently then just as bad. whatthe...

whatever. I do apologize for "quoting" it. but to tell me I'm just as bad as the original, thats freaking irritating

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
but "just as bad as the original"? ?!?!? wow I'll be sure to never speak up in defense of another person, because I'm apparently then just as bad. whatthe...

I don't think that's what he meant. You just can't quote a post that contains rule breaking text. You'd be fine if you just responded without a quote. I don't know though maybe I'm wrong. I wouldn't THINK responding without a quote would be so bad...

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I don't think that's what he meant. You just can't quote a post that contains rule breaking text. You'd be fine if you just responded without a quote. I don't know though maybe I'm wrong. I wouldn't THINK responding without a quote would be so bad...

And Bingo was his name-o.

Sorry, I thought I had been pretty clear.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA

whatever. I do apologize for "quoting" it. but to tell me I'm just as bad as the original, thats freaking irritating

You received no warning or infraction for quoting it. I just got rid of it. You are certainly welcome to post your original response again, sans quote. Truthfully, in a situation like that I just getting rid of the whole thing rather than going in and editing out quotes. Just more efficient from a time factor.

callofthevapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
st Petersburg FL
I've had two orders incorrectly shipped to me. One order it was the wrong carts but since I liked the incorrect ones that was shipped to me I notified them but didn't have them ship me the correct ones. Last order I received a regular manual battery instead of an extra long. I only use the extra longs now so I need that fixed.

Having worked and managed stock rooms I understand how easy it is to make mistakes. It appears they have the same person pick the order and then package it. I'd suggest they have some one pick the order put it in a small basket or tote. Then have another person recheck the order and pack it. I know it seems stupid and a pain but I'd bet their accuracy would go up near 100%

MachoKing

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Missouri
Aside from juice that don't taste like it is supposed to and paying full price for old dried up cartos that taste like death, I've had no problems with V4L. They really need to do something about the old cartos though. I ordered a box of smores and they are so old that the reverse spin don't even get liquid out of them. Dry as a bone. I complained about it once with a menthol sample pack and they fixed it by sending me the same thing in 4mg when my original order was 24. It's the thought that counts I guess.

I just make sure to only buy prefilled cartos that are listed as new arrivals here now though. I've never had short orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread