Status
Not open for further replies.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Okay, so to fight my impulsiveness, I'm going to go take a walk for 2 hours. If I come back and I still want these as incredibly bad as I do now, I am going to buy a couple.

Question, where do you get the thumb screws? I'd like to accessorize them and buy a bunch. I would be more than happy to buy them straight from you (when you get them in), but it may be easier to go find them in various colors elsewhere, if it would be prohibitively difficult for you to collect them for distribution.

All I gotta say is watch out Mom and Pops... Looks like this is the new best game in town for affordable and convenient tanks.

Thank you for the compliment!! My goal is to save people money, that's why I started this business. :)

As for the screws, I buy directly from a screw manufacturer. It was a 1000pc minimum iirc.

I'll add the ones I do have for separate purchase asap.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Soooo tempted. :laugh: I already have three tanks, including a Phiniac but I would really, really like to have the fill hole. My main concern is leakage issues. I'll be going on vacation week after next and don't want damaged luggage.

I never put anything containing liquids in luggage without putting it into a ziplock baggie first. I used to work for the airlines, they aren't gentle with luggage :)

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
I am now offering pre-punching of your cartomizers at a low price of $1.00 per 5 pack. See the Misc Charges page for details.

I already test all the cartomizers I use in my tanks and wanted to offer that service free to any purchases. You must specify that you want your carto's tested though, because they will have to be sent to you unwrapped if you request this free service.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
What an awesome review! Thanks Ksamim, I'm super glad you like your tanks.

I will comment on the finishing of the tank. I am currently looking into buying the tubing (3 ml size for first order). I should have the first order in about a week. As long as the quality is good, I'll be using them for all 3ml tanks from that point on, and hope to order 6ml size from the same place. In the mean time, I continue hand cutting these and attempting to finesse the edges. Polypro is a little difficult to work with, it prefers to shred instead of cut, but I'm working out the kinks as I get more experience working with it.

Also, screw color, I will soon have some additional colors available, just waiting on the order to arrive. I'll have Pink, Purple, Silver and Gold colored screws in addition to the Red, Blue and Black for the tanks. (Also available separately.)

One last note, as for the Glass tank, it too will have a fill hole option available in the near future. I'm working on the design for sealing the fill hole. The hole itself will probably be a somewhat pricey upgrade. First vendor I went through wanted $25 per hole. I'm sure I can do alot better than that.

Last edited:

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
Great news about the edging! It really doesn't bother me at all (though I haven't swapped the carto yet), it's just something to note. It is an overwhelmingly positive experience though. Even if the whole finish was a total disaster, the fact I can use this thing with my favorite tank cracking juices is the best thing ever.

Really stoked about the colored thumbscrews. That's like my favorite thing about these. I will definitely pick up one of each of those colors. My girlfriend is especially stoked about the pink, as I am for the purple.

Sign me up for the drilled glass one. When you make enough money, you should totally get a sandblaster for those sleeves! Hahaha.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Great news about the edging! It really doesn't bother me at all (though I haven't swapped the carto yet), it's just something to note. It is an overwhelmingly positive experience though. Even if the whole finish was a total disaster, the fact I can use this thing with my favorite tank cracking juices is the best thing ever.

Really stoked about the colored thumbscrews. That's like my favorite thing about these. I will definitely pick up one of each of those colors. My girlfriend is especially stoked about the pink, as I am for the purple.

Sign me up for the drilled glass one. When you make enough money, you should totally get a sandblaster for those sleeves! Hahaha.

Yeah, I'd love to sandblast some, even if it's just to "frost" them for now. I plan on asking the manufacturer about that when I re-order.

As for replacing the grommet and o-ring. It won't pose a problem. Just make sure the o-ring is under the edges. I've messed with some I've scrapped and it can handle a pretty severe slant without leaking.

You inspired me to place an addon order re. the thumbscrews. Manufacturer grumbled but did it for me. :)

I also have a machinist friend making me some stainless steel endcaps to fit the glass tanks. Not sure of the price point for them yet, but he was willing to do a small quantity order for me.

and Yeah, you just have to love polypropylene and glass. they don't care what kind of juice you put in them!!

So, still quite a few more things to come before I'm fully stocked and ready to roll, but getting there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread