Vamo Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Well, it finally happened! My SS Vamo took a dive from a countertop yesterday afternoon (and of course it had to be the SS, not the Black Chrome one) onto a tile floor and landed at an angle right on the atomizer... Knocked the centerpost off true, but other than that no damage at all... So, in my estimation, that pretty much sums up how durable the Vamo is since I don't think any of my mods would/could have survived such a fall with less damage...

Was thinking about getting a pair of pliers and a vise to try and straighten things out but decided it wasn't worth the risk and the tilt to the atty kind of gives it a rackish appearance... :)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Well, it finally happened! My SS Vamo took a dive from a countertop yesterday afternoon (and of course it had to be the SS, not the Black Chrome one) onto a tile floor and landed at an angle right on the atomizer... Knocked the centerpost off true, but other than that no damage at all... So, in my estimation, that pretty much sums up how durable the Vamo is since I don't think any of my mods would/could have survived such a fall with less damage...

Was thinking about getting a pair of pliers and a vise to try and straighten things out but decided it wasn't worth the risk and the tilt to the atty kind of gives it a rackish appearance... :)

Well...do us all a favor...figure out how to disassemble the v3, since it broken...see if you can get some pliers and wiggle the pressed in top cap and pull it out...maybe we can find a fix for it, and/or you can part it out...remember that V3 PCB is worth some money at the very least...but a viable "breakdown" of the V3...get pics!!!

Vamo PCB V3
£19.99 = $31.35
A VAMO V3 tube from fasttech is $30
$32.18 Vamo V3 Brass E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Well...do us all a favor...figure out how to disassemble the v3, since it broken...see if you can get some pliers and wiggle the pressed in top cap and pull it out...maybe we can find a fix for it, and/or you can part it out...remember that V3 PCB is worth some money at the very least...but a viable "breakdown" of the V3...get pics!!!

Vamo PCB V3
£19.99 = $31.35
A VAMO V3 tube from fasttech is $30
$32.18 Vamo V3 Brass E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I second this. The PCB in my V3 is mounted crooked inside the body and I would love to be able to straighten it out but am scared to mess with it since it's my main APV at the moment.

Not that I'm saying you personally need to start tearing your VAMO apart for us, but I would love to see someone figure out how to take it apart and reassemble it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread